Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
My comuter is severely contaminated with viruses, trojans, ect., ect.... Most (or all) security software require me to buy a way to delete this stuff online, problem is, I dont have a credit card. I tried manually deleting cookies and files, but obviously, I'm still doing something wrong... Any advice on how to get rid of viruses without making an online purchase??
If all that does not work do this.............use..............Hijackthis it is a first line tool to examine certain areas of the computer. It does not show everything and lots of malware is hidden from it
To download Hijackthis
go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html and download 'Hijack This!' self installer. Save it to the desktop or other suitable place. DO NOT just press run from the website Double click on the file and it will install to C:\program files\hijackthis and create an entry in the start menu.
Click on the entry in start menu to run HijackThis
Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.
It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results
Posted on May 11, 2008
1. Turn your computer off.
2. Go to a friends computer.
3. Download Spybot - S&D, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and Avast Home along with the Avast VPS download.
4. Burn programs to a CD.
5. When your computer boots up press F8 during bios boot.
6. You will get a black and white menu, select safe mode.
7. In safe mode, select yes to the first popup.
8. Install Avast and select scan on next boot, and select restart later. Then install VPS file by double clicking it. When popup comes on restart computer and wait.
9. Delete anything that is infected.
10. When windows finishes booting run Spybot and Ad-Aware.
Posted on Mar 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2011 | Operating Systems
Mar 15, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Dec 15, 2010 | Operating Systems
Oct 26, 2009 | Operating Systems
Jul 15, 2009 | Operating Systems
Jul 20, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
May 08, 2008 | Operating Systems
Jan 07, 2008 | Operating Systems
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: