Question about Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
I need to get the back off this to repair the power connector.
I have removed the HDD & DVD drive, but the plastic is still secured around the battery area.
I notice there are two screws, which require the screen to be removed first..
Do I need to remove these and if so, how do I remove the screen ?
For AS 3680,
1. Open the door on the back to remove the wireless antena cables.
2. Open the power cover (remove 2 scews on the power cover).
3. removed keyboard.
4, remove 4 scews (silver scews) that make screen attched the the laptop body.
5. that's all you can remove the lcd now.
For opening the body,
1. Removed all screw on the back, include 1 screw (small scew) under hard drive.
2. removed 3 screws under keyboard
3. removed 1 scew on top side (close to power port), this scews held uppercase and lower case.
4. removed lcd lid cable from board (close to power port)
5. now you can separate upperbody from lowerbody.
6. removed 2 scews from motherboard.
7. removed modem cable, speaker cable, mic cable from the back.
8. that's all, you can removed motherboard+power board.
i hope this help you, good luck
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
I just wanted to say thanks for this info, its exactly what i needed and has enabled me to remove the rubbishy failed keyboard and use a plug in usb one, absolutely fantastic
Posted on Oct 09, 2008
Thanks bro, I left out the top scres to make this little laptop more service friently, lol. she's running only puppy linxux for an os, what a fragile piece of cra-pp--ola. LOL.
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3680 PC Notebook
Jan 16, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Jun 12, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Nov 20, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Jan 08, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Apr 01, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Dec 03, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Nov 20, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
1,453 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: