- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This may cause by an electrical charge in the motherboard itself,Im not really sure how it affects the display of the computer.There's also a possibility that the problem is with the LCD cable or the LCD itself. Please follow this method since it usually fix such problem like that,
1.Removed the battery then unplugged the AC adapter
2.Press and hold the power button or the ON/OFF button for at least 30 seconds
3.Connect the power supply back to your computer then turn it back on.
4. Check if you will see any difference.
5. If nothing happens, try to press and hold Fn and F2 on the keyboard.
If nothing happens, there is a possibility that the problem is with the LCD or monitor itself, maybe it will need a replacement...
I hope this information will be helpful. Thank you for using FixYa...
Most of the time it means your battery is dead... try to unplug the battery on the bottom of the laptop and plug in the power supply. Try to turn on the computer. If it comes on, then you have a bad battery. Check eBay for a new one.
If it comes on but still flickers with the AC adapter plugged in, then you have a bad battery and it needs to be replaced.
Since you have power on your laptop. I have this questions you need to answer: 1. have you seen Dell logo after turning on the computer? 2. After turning on the computer heard beeps? If all no do this
1. Turn off laptop remove batt and use ac adapter 2. While laptop is off press Fn key + Power button to run test check if you see display test in progress. If no, wait for 5 minutes to listen to beep codes. Once heard beeps keep pressing hold on N key. If fails turn off laptop
3. While laptop is off, press hold D key + power button. Check if you will see colors display whole screen. If no this will need to replace LCD call Dell. If see colors whole screen replace motherboard call dell.