We do not use the microwave / oven very often, but since our other one has stopped working we have used it more. We have noticed small ‘electric shocks’ when we touch the oven with damp hands. Also, the oven tends to switch itself off when the doors are opened. Obviously, we have some safety concerns about this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The bulb is positioned at the top of the oven, accessible only from the outside.
You'll need to pull off the top and bottom trim strips, remove the bottom trim strip locators, remove 2 fixing screws from the left edge of the oven (with door open), and the 2 fixing screws from behind the top trim strip.
The oven should then just slide out.
You only need to pull it out 6 inches or so to gain access to the bulb cover.
You'll need a T20 driver to remove the cover, then the bulb unscrews as it has an SES fitting.
The microwave unit is faulty as you can read from the display or the controller isn't working correctly, you should take your MW oven to an authorized service center. It can be repaired by yourself but it's highly dangerous because it has high voltage inside and microwave energy.