On switching my H340 on it displays an error message "Check HDD Connection" after the splash screen.When trying to navigate I get "0000 Folders" "0000 Songs" message. When I know there are approx 2000 tracks stored on it. I have tried to access the device on two different pc's but neither showed any extra drives in "my Computer". This problem began when someone tried to put the headphone plug into the optical drive socket. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connecting to the internet using your psp is almost the same as connecting through your laptop. If you're having connectivity issue please try to check the error. One of the common error is WLAN switch is off, so make sure that it's properly toggled to the right. If you've already checked and still can't connect try doing the following steps below:
1. Make sure to turn on your PSP as well as the wireless/WLAN switch.
2. Then Navigate to " Network Setting".
3. Select "Infrastructure Mode".
4. Now Select "New Connection" and Name this connection.
5. Navigate to "WLAN Settings" Select "Scan".
6. Your router should now be listed.
7. Please go to "WLAN Security Setting". If you did not select encryption in ROUTER SET-UP, then leave the option as "None".
8. But if you selected encryption in ROUTER SET-UP, then select the appropriate WEP, or WPA.
9. Then navigate to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Go to "Setting List". Verify that your settings are correct.
11. Navigate to the next screen and press X to save your settings. You should get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection". Press X.
12. You should get two quick display messages. The first should say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
From this point you already established a connection.
Hope this information will be helpful.
Thank you for using FixYa.
The computer can't see the hard drive for one of many reasons.
1. Hard drive failure
2. Bad connection between hard drive and motherboard.
3. BIOS corrupted
4. Motherboard failure of HDD control.
Press F2 when the ACER splash screen appears and go into BIOS set up.
The first page should show the hard drive name and ID number.
This may be missing or have corrupted characters in it.
Go along to the 'save and exit' and allow a restart. This sometimes kicks it into life.
Replace the hard drive with a known good one and check to see if this is recognised in the BIOS.
Clean the contacts of the hard drive.
ACER fitted both types of hard drive to this model, either PATA (IDE) or SATA.
try replacing the red sata cable which runs from the HDD under the DVD drive to the main board on the right-hand side. these are a common problem on these models, there cheap and unreliable. you can purchase a better quality cable from a computer store for little money. HDD ERROR is'nt necessery an HDD fault as i found out with my rdr-hx525. if however the HDD is faulty and you buy a replacement, once installed you will need to pair the new HDD with the unit by entering the service mode by unplugging the AC then while holding down open/close and play together then re-insert the AC lead while still holding open/close and play and wait until you see an "S" in the display then let go and the service mode will appear on the tv screen. go to no.9 HDD mode, press enter then go to no.3 Write ID then it will say "execute write ID?" yes and press enter and then it will say "writing HDD serial ID.... OK" once this is done, exit the service mode by keeping your finger on the power button for approx 10secs. your DVD recorder should now recognise the new HDD. if you don't follow this process, you will still have an HDD error message as your DVD recorder will have your old HDD installed and won't recognise your new one. given the amount of time since you posted this fault, you may still have the unit in question in which case i hope this solution is helpful, or for anyone else with the same problem.
There is a limit to the number of Characters in the file name. Have you made the filename too long?
Where are the files located - you need to move them out of the RECORD directory?
If you hold record button, you can scroll thru to BROWSER and the files will be shown there.
I use MP3tag a freeware program to tag and rename my tunes, I have had no problems with it and my H340
Hope this helps,