I have a Ricoh CD Burner. I was trying to burn onto a disk I had resently aquired but it said that there was no disk and to please insert one. I tried with several other disks but to no evail. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you put a disk in the drive first before trying to burn? if not you do that first then Media player will detect it saying unknown media select cd or DvD then select format for songs mp3 if thats what you want and then copy your songs on to the disk. If you need more help let me know.
* the disk you're inserting is not "empty" -- try it on a different computer;
* you should try a different manufacturer of "blank" disks;
* you need to upgrade the "firmware" inside your CD-writer, to recognize more brands of "blank" media;
* the CD-reader is malfunctioning -- when you "cancel" the burn-attempt, and insert a commercially-produced program CD or commercially-produced audio CD, can those disks be properly read?
* you have two CD/DVD devices in your computer, and you're inserting the "blank" disk into the "wrong" device.
Depends what software you are using to burn. Use Nero. then select dvd or cd or whatever. You must state what you are burning onto - you cant create a cd then put a blank dvd into the drive - common sense
have you tried cleaning cd lense and if you are using nero burning rom earlier version update to latest and try any other brand of cd-r's to see if it is the make-up of the disks as some manufactors use different ways to make cd's coating and asus have on their website all media covered by the cd burners in the last resort change to a burner that is compatable with the media you wish to use the burners have come down in price so I would sugest geting a dvd burner combo doing cd's and dvd's