Question about Samsung (sw-248f) CD-RW Burner
I have a cd burner installed on my computer, windows xp. when i try to burn a cd, it is telling me i don't have a burner and to install one. i can burn it thru nero, but i don't like using that program, it takes to long. my computer tells me that my burner is working fine. someone told me itunes might have something to do with it. they fight each other. i don't know. help. thanks, rene
This would be Known As A conflict, ( With I.Player )
Why Don,t you try installing Another CD Burning Program. Neros Not The Only One.
Try Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator, Or Look On The Internet For Burner Software For Download.
Posted @ 20.57PM ( G.M.T ) :)
Mike @ Compurepair.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2013 | Samsung (SH-M522C/BEBN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM...
• Do you have any third party CDDVD burning software?
• Are you able to burn DVD's using windows explorer?
First I would suggest that you try burning using another DVD and check if it works.
Try one or more of the following:
Verify that the DVD burner is connected properly to your computer and powered on, and that any necessary software drivers for the DVD burner are installed. You can check your hardware settings in the Device Manager by doing the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Device Manager.
• Make sure that the videos you're trying to burn are not corrupted. To see whether the videos you want to burn is corrupted, try playing or viewing them using Windows Media Player. If the files don't play using the Player, Windows DVD Maker cannot burn them.
• Choose a slower burning speed for your DVD burner by doing the following:
1. Return to the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, and then click Options.
2. In the DVD burner speed box, select Medium or Slow.
Troubleshoot problems with creating a DVD-Video using Windows DVD Maker
Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings
Check if you are able to burn DVD successfully using Windows Explorer.
Burn a CD or DVD
Check in the event viewer to know the cause of the DVD burning failure and post back with the details.
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer)
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Aug 25, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2010 | Lite On LTC-48161H CD-RW/DVD-ROM Burner
May 15, 2010 | Acer (99.B0112.102) CD-RW Burner
Jan 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 04, 2009 | Samsung (SH-S162L/BEBN) DVD RW Burner
Apr 11, 2009 | LG GMA-4020B Super-Multi...
Oct 31, 2007 | NEC NR 7900A (NR7900) CD-RW Burner
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!