My phone just started randomly turning off. I went to charge it and it said it was charging, but while charging randomly turns off, and not charging. I have tried using different car chargers, different outlets and chargers, but nothings working. I left it untouched and charging all day, yet it still had no battery. Please Help!
First try drying out your phone for a day or two with lots of dry moving air gently blowing past and around it, the phone must be unplugged and battery removed during this process, then once everything has been dried try charging the battery in another phone just like it, if it charges and see it it will power the phone, if the battery works put t back into your phone and try to turn it on. If it doesn't work in your phone but it does in another then its the phone, if the phone works with another battery its the battery but dry them both totally first, even a few tiny specs of moisture can screw up your phone when power is running through it, so be careful. Cheers!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the laptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles and will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% and gradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR The battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the battery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
If the cell phone battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
Since it's a new battery it might be the battery. If a battery will fail it will do so with the first 30 days of use. It sounds like you have never charged it before. You should bring it back to the store for a replacement to test it if possible with another phone. But since the phone suffered water damage the real issue is most probably the phone. If a phone gets wet sometimes it will work fine for a while after it dries or it won't work at all. But even if it does work you could start having random issues with it everything from random shutdowns/reboots, can't charge, can't stay on to issues like preventing you from receiving txt msgs or using the camera or media player. You might have to start shopping around.
you simply fried your battery by overcharging it. Just get a new one, let it fully charge and fully die twice before you start normal charging. Then you will want to only charge it for about 2 to 3 hours or find a charger that has a smart chip that tells it when to stop charging once the battery is full.