After I dropped my phone in the bathroom sink; water was running...the flash was intermittent and now it is on all the time...draining my battery and the phone is hot. I have taken out the battery to dry, although it does not appear to be wet.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Camera flash stays on...
You probably have a short somewhere in the phone. Open any access points, take out battery, mop up any visible liquid with a q-tip. Keep it in warm very dry area for 3-4 days (lots of air movement will help) and it will probably dry out inside. Connect battery again briefly, if flash still burns, leave for another few days. Fan heater on very low may help here, put the phone about where you would put a baby. Still not right, you probably have a fused contact point and need a repair.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the same phone and the same thing happened to me. Do not turn it on if its soaked!!! The water in the phone will short circuit the phone. Make sure its turned off, take out the battery, wipe it with a towel to take off the surface water. Then to **** dry out the water from the inside, you can either put the phone in a bowl of rice, or a bowl of silica packets, both of which act as moisture absorbers. I put my phone in rice and let it stay overnight and now it works perfectly, the only problem is that theres a bit of rice residue in the phone, so I recommend going out and getting some silica packets. If that doesn't work, then you're out of luck
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
you don't need to actually drop your phone in water for there to be water damage.
simple things like having your phone in the rain, in the bathroom while you shower, around a hot tub, or possibly even if it's really humid outside can set this water damage sensor off.
it just gives phone companies more ways to void your warranty.
The best thing to do is to take the battery out leave it to dry and your phone do not try to charge the phone for a few days that should solve the problem. if not the water has gone into the liguid lcd screen.and the lcd screen need to be replace.
was there water in the sink at the time?
if so check the connections on the base if there is green corrosion on it the the damage is done you will have to find someone who will repair water damaged phones.
If no water and just the drop that caused the prob then try removing the battery while the phone is still turned on this may shock it back
I have actually had a couple of these phones come in w/ similar problems. There is a secondary circuit board in the upper assembly that needs to be replaced. Or the phone possibly got wet. As far as powering off, the battery has either went bad or once again may have moisture damage.