- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First and easiest solution is it may have been left on and the battery is dead, so plug it in and try that first.
If that doesn't work, press both your menu button and the center (select button) for about five seconds, hold them down until you see the apple logo appear on the screen. That is your reset option. It will go through a shut down/reset process. When finished, turn it back on and enjoy....Brian
To get the player back up and running please follow these steps:
1. Try to reset the player. There should be a pin sized hole in the middle of the right side of the player, insert a pin to press the button inside the hole. I would try to hold for 3-4 seconds at first and then release. If this doesn't work at first, try to hold the button down for 5-10 seconds.
2. Unfortunately the player may be defective. Several websites and reviews have stated that this particular player is prone to failure. I would first try to return it from where it was purchased and then to Memorex if it is still within the one year warranty period.
Hope this helps.
First make sure that your iPod’s hold button is of. (This is the little switch at the top left corner).
Move the hold switch to the on position and then move it back to off.
Hold down the Menu button on the clickwheel and the center button at the same time. Hold these together for 6-10 seconds. This should restart the iPod. You’ll know the iPod is restarting when the screen changes and the Apple logo appears.
If this doesn’t work at first, you should repeat the steps.
If this doesn’t work, you should try plugging your iPod into a power source and let it charge. Then repeat the steps.
find the reset button and use a paperclip to press down on the resset button. only for 10 seconds. if it doesn;t work then do it again and hold it for 30 seconds.if that doesn;t work hold it for a min. if that does;t work its fried.
I think holding down menu and the record button at the same time should fix it. I read the best solution and it just turned on. I was having the same problem, mine would not turn on either but just try pressing and holding down the record and menu button for about 5 seconds.
If it is still on, hold down the power button for about 15 seconds; that should turn it off. Try turning it on again. If it still does not work, turn it off by holding power for 15 seconds, then on again like this:
- Put hold on
- Hold record
- Press power on
This will start recovery mode, follow on-screen instructions. Hope all goes well!!