- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The lights on the front of the HP product can be on, off, or blinking (flashing), depending on the status of the product. The lights indicate product status and are useful for diagnosing printing problems.
For more read... HP Support document and HP Tech Support .
The blinking light could indicate either a paper jam, communication problem between one of your cartridges and the printer or a short in one of your cartridges. Please follow the steps below to identify and fix the problem:
Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder. Make sure there are no foreign objects or debris in the feeder.
Open the printer cover and remove both the cartridges.
While the cover is open, ensure there are no paper jams and the cartridge carrier is free from obstructions.
Close the printer cover.
Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source to reset it.
When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
Close the printer cover and check the light status.
If light on printer is normal, open the printer cover and reinsert the other cartridge. Check the light status.
Replace whichever cartridge is causing the light to flash with a new cartridge. You can also try to insert a different known working cartridge to determine if the other is faulty.
Load some paper. Try to print again.
If problem continues,
please contact Lexmark Technical Support Center for additional assistance.
Try to disconnect all cables from the printer and leave it off for about 30 seconds to clear the print job. Turn the printer back on and check the status lights, error light stop blinking then try connecting the printer back to the computer and try printing again.
For further assitance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support
Blinking status light means the printer is busy. If it's not doing anything else, disconnect the printer from the computer. Restart the printer and then print a menu settings page. Clear the print queue on your computer before re-attaching the printer. Thanks.
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Well the issue might be with the cartridges or the printer itself.however, please remove the cartridges from the printer and check whether the light is blinking. If the light is blinking then the issue may be with printer hardware. If the light does not blink, then try installing one cartridge at a time and check on which cartridge instaling does the light blink.
This printer/scanner, hooks up to the computer via USB. The USB cable goes into the back of the printer on the right hand side (opposite side from the power supply).
The status blinking could indicate either;
1. No paper
2. No or very little, ink.