- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have bought htc evo 4g sprint from ebay. The calls function are properly working but i can.t connect to internet because there is no setting for net. I also visited to reliance web but they are also no aware how to set internet setting.
solution for this problem may be :
then select edit mode
then select mobile directory number(mdn)
here you have to enter your mobile number
You could try to change the minimum free kbytes system control to 8192. You see, Froyo has its default setted to 2845. In a terminal emulator screen, type in:
sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=8192;
Hope it works for you.
Just my 2 cents...
PS: please, let me know if you don't know anything about it, E.g.how to root your Defy beforehand, you don't know any terminal emulator application, etc.
Firstly, bear in mind your carrier's APN settings. Contact they, in case you don't know such data for sure. Then, go to 'Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point names'. Once there, press 'Menu > New APN', and fill in a 'Name' for it, and, at least, your carrier's data under 'APN', 'Username' and 'Password'. Then, press 'Menu > Save'. Press the back button as many times as required for you to reach the home screen you were in, prior you've started making these changes.
Hope it works for you.
Anyway, please, let me know if I can help you any further.
1. Go to phonebook.
2. From the drop down menu at top-right side of the screen, select 'Favourites'.
3. This should open up the list of keys from 2-9. Tap on any one of the digits and assign a contact to that number. 1 is reserved for voicemail so you cant assign it to any contact. Your speed dial is now set.
4. To speed-dial, go to the numeric keypad from the main menu, and keep the key pressed for a longer duration. ( for example, number 3)
Dear Friends, HERE IS MOBILY SAUDI ARABIA GPRS SETTING / INTERNET SETTINGS HERE
FOR MMS Settings 1. Server Name : Mobily MMS 2. Gateway : 10.3.2.133 3. Port Number : 9201 4. Server Address : http://10.3.3.133:9090/was 5. Connect Via : Mobily MMS 6. Size Limit : 100kB 7. WAP Version : WAP 1.2
FOR GPRS SETTINGS
1. Operator Name & Country : Mobily - Saudi Arabia 2. Network Name : WEB GPRS 3. Modem Name : WEB GPRS 4. Modem Access Point Name : web2 (web1 for postpaid lines) 5. Username : "" 6. Password : "" 7. Domain : "" (if blank insert "") 8. Is there a tick in the 'This network connects to the Internet' box : Yes 9. Is there a tick in the 'This network uses a proxy server' box : Yes 10 Proxy Server Address and port : 10.3.2.133:8080 (10. IS NOT NECCESSARY TO ENTER) ENJOY INTERNET AND PLEASE PRAY DUA FOR ME AND MY FAMILY take care - email@example.com
This service is
automatically available for all Mobily Postpaid and Prepaid customers, using
their own existing Mobily SIM cards. To enjoy the high-speed internet
service, use your current internet settings. If you don’t have these settings
then simply send “2” to “1100” and save the settings.
Set speed dial numbers 1. In Idle mode, press <Menu> → Phonebook → Speed dial. 2. Scroll to a number you want to set (2-9) and press the Centre key. 3. Select a contact to assign to the number. The contact is saved to the speed dial number.
You can now call this contact from Idle mode by pressing and holding the assigned speed dial number.
More info about your phone: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200802/20080205151101875_SGH-J700_UG_Open_Eng_Rev.1.1_080125.pdf