PSC 2175 wont work with print server
Please make sure that the printer is working okay if directlysd connected to the MAC computer. You may try this as well. hope this helps
LPR (line printer remote) is a platform independent printing protocol that is associate with TCP/IP. It works by using LPR client software that communicates to a server running LPR services.
In terms of PSU, LPR printing will become the basis for all network printing while Novell print queues are phased out. Therefore, all Macintosh, Windows, and Unix computers will be configured to print through LPR.
· The name of LPR print queue. This can be found by searching the LPR printer database.
· LaserWriter print drivers version 8.5.1 or newer
· The Macintosh must have a working TCP/IP networking configuration. (If the Mac can browse the web then it's working.)
· a server running LPR services or a printer that supports LPR printing. Most HP LaserJet printers support LPR. However, only the following LaserWriters support LPR printing:
- LaserWriter 8500
- LaserWriter 16/600 PS
- LaserWriter 12/640 PS
- Color LaserWriter 12/600 PS
- Color LaserWriter 12/660 PS Procedure
1.Open up the Applications folder from the OS X menu.
2.Open up the Utilities folder
3.Now open up the Print Center
4.If you have no printers installed you will see the following screen. Click on Add.
5.On the following screen, select LPR printing.
6.Now enter printhost.oit.pdx.edu for the LPR Printer's address.
7.Uncheck Use Default Queue on Server option and enter the queue name of the printer.
8.Select the printer model.
9.The completed settings should be similar to the following:
(LPR Printer’s address is the ip of our PRINTSERVER)
10.Click on Add
11.Your printer has successfully been installed. Test the printer by printing something to it.
Mar 29, 2009 |
HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer