Question about Blenders
We've been really happy with our Waring Pro blender for the past year and a half- but now I notice that the blade is not turning easily. I have no idea how to loosen it- would WD40 work? Simply trying to loosen the blades with pliers has proved impossible. Is there another tool we should try to use? Or just take it to a service center?
I was just able to fix mine. You'll need the following: two wrenches (almost any type), steel wool, and vegetable oil.
1. Clamp the hexagonal nut inside the bottom of the pitcher with one wrench and place the jaws of the other wrench between the "spokes" of the wheel at the outside bottom of the pitcher.
2. Turn either counter-clockwise until the hex nut comes off. At this point, you should be able to pull the bottom piece out from the bottom. Pay attention to the order and orientation of the parts inside the pitcher as they may fall out now.
3. Dry off the shaft and rub it with some ordinary steel wool (think SOS pads).
4. Twist a small amount of the steel wool and run it back and forth through the hole the shaft goes through.
5. Wipe both clean with a clean cloth or napkin.
6. Rub a little vegetable oil on the shaft.
7. Place the shaft back in the hole and test the movement. It should be like new again.
8. Reassemble the blender.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
If you can get the shaft out of its bearing, you can clean the shaft with steel wool. You may also have to scrape the inside of the bearing with a small rat-tail file.
Put some vegetable oil on the shaft and reassemble.
DO NOT USE WD-40 OR 3-IN-1 OIL! This mechanism will be in contact with food/beverages, so you want a lubricant that is safe for human consumption.
If the problem continues to occur, I would buy a replacement. In some models, this means buying a whole pitcher assembly.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2015 | Waring Blenders
May 20, 2015 | Waring Blenders
Aug 21, 2014 | Waring Pro SDM50 2-Speed Blender
Hi, plz try this link if it works:
Aug 22, 2011 | Waring MBB518 2Speed Blender
Oct 16, 2009 | Waring WPB 01 / 04 / 05 / 09 Professional...
Mar 31, 2009 | Waring RB75 Specialty Blender Stainless...
Jan 28, 2009 | Blenders
May 03, 2008 | Waring CB15 Work Top Blender
Feb 23, 2008 | Blenders
May 17, 2007 | Waring PBB 25 Professional Work Top...
676 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!