I've had this Garmin for almost three months, and it has worked fine. Today it suddenly could never locate satellites. I turned it off and on, but it still could not find the satellites. Oddly enough, when I put it on this morning, it asked if I was inside. It has never asked that before.
I tried to install Garmin GPS Chipset Type G (part of Garmin Webupdater) but it gave me an error:
"This Garmin device is unable to program the requested memory region. This could be due to an incompatibility between this application and the Garmin device"...
Good Day,My Gamin 260 loss satellite reception ' I did all the normal fixes described in the solutions above. It would work for a few minutes and then lose signal. Solution. I took it completely apart, there is a small cube 1"X1" that had filmed over on the back side across from the battery. I took some fine steel wool and cleaned off the film , made it shinny again. This solved the problem and I immediately got satellite reception inside my workshop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I've had this problem a few times too...Very annoying. What sometimes works for me is just placing the unit on the hood of a car. The unit goes from not seeing anything to locked in maybe half a minute. It's worked more than once, and friends have done this too. Don't ask why this works. But I would try this before doing any surgery or master resets. Good luck.
I've had this problem. First -- and this sounds weird -- use a USB port on the back of your computer. Do NOT use a "secondary" type of USB port, such as an add-on hub, the ports on the front of a desktop machine, ports built into peripherals like a monitor, etc. Apparently, all USB ports are not created equal. Second, make sure you've the freshest Garmin Communicator plugin (which may entail a fresh download/install).
The problem is probably not with the USB cable if the GPS wont even turn on. The older firmware of the Forerunner 205 and 305 have a problem with locking up. This causes the Forerunner to look completely dead. There is a reset procedure: push the mode and reset button at the same time and then let go and hit the power on button. If it powers on that is the problem. Go to the Garmin site and load the newest rev. of firmware into the Forerunner. Fixed mine and a few friends with the same problem.
I do however have a cable problem. Sometimes my PC will come up with unrecognized USB device and my 305 wont talk to the PC, it does charge. It is the cable or dock for sure, because I have tried a different cable/dock and the 305 has no problem. This is the reason I ended up here. I hope the lock fix works for those with the above problem.