An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: ring tone lock
The problem here is the firmware/software running on your phone. It is restricting the use of files you personally downloaded as ringtones. The solution to this is to flash your phone with unbranded generic firmware.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sadly this phone does not support this option I'm afraid it only supports downloaded ring tones, this i have been told by Sony, sadly the salesperson told me i could chose my own message tones on this phone, she lied.
did the tones come pre installed on the phone? why dont you try using mp3 ring tones? download mp3 songs on your phone, then you can set them as ring tones. they work much beter than ordinary ring tones
Below is the step by step method of how to delete your ringtones in your Motorola V3:
Here is an easier way to delete the ringtones without much hassle.
1) Upload 1 mp3 rintone to your phone via MPT
2) Set ALL ringtones msg, alert etc, absolutely everything for all styles (obviously excl. silent & vibe) to the uploaded MP3
3) switch your phone off, then on again. This will update the .db files.
4) Using P2K, delete all the rintones, except for the MP3 that you uploaded, do not delete the .db files. Also, do not delete the .bas files as these are the base files for Motomixer. Set all reminders to OFF.
do not EVER delete a ringtone that is currently in use by the phone. If you delete it while it is active, You will NOT be able to get into that particular tone setting.
5) Switch your phone off, then on again.