Question about Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Windows xp will no longer recognize the play. The recovery mode is as far as the player will go. The play will clean up, format all, reboot. I tried to reload the firmware thinking that this was the final solution according to the creative support site, needless to say that did not work. Any suggestions
I got my Creative Zen Sleek Photo from a friend and everything I did wouldn't let Windows recognize it, but then I got it to work almost magically.
1. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed for it that come with the CD. If you don't have the CD, you can download the ISO here.
2. Reboot. When it comes back up, plug the cable into your computer, then into your Sleek. The software should sync up. For some reason, my Zen wasn't being recognized from the usb port on my computer tower, but I plugged it into my monitor's USB port and then it worked. Try that, if none of that works, then it may be a problem with your computer not knowing which driver to assign to your Zen, and if so, try the steps below.
1. Plug your Sleek to your computer.
2. Open up Windows' Device manager (right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". Go to the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device Manager").
3. Locate the entry for "Creative Zen Sleek" in your device list. It should appear either under "Sound, video, and game controllers" or under "USB Devices". Once you locate the entry, uninstall it.
4. Unplug your Sleek and wait a few seconds.
5. Plug your Sleek back in and allow the "new Hardware Wizard" to identify and install the drivers for it.
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
There is an issue with players not being recognised, reported on the Creative site, for firmwares below 2 with XP computers that have Media Player 11 installed. Updating the firmware is reported to solve the problem, but it needs to be done on a computer that does not have Media Player 11 installed.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
Did you format it before reinstalling the firmware? And were you using the latest firmware version? Here is a link to version 1.10.01 http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/PDE/9475/0xD499781C/ZenSleekPhotoP4S_16_1_10_01.exe
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
You need Microsoft Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). You can get it here:
for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
For Linux you need Gnomad2 which contains MTP and works grand with all of the old Creative Zen players (Zen Sleek etc.).
Posted on May 15, 2013
I have had the same problem, but I tried following the steps on an Xp rather than Vista. same problems.
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
Well i have it and i dont know how ti get the driver hope this one helps!
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
This is what I found. Windows Media Player 11 messes it up. All you have to do is uninstall anything Windows Media Player 11 and then run the firmware upgrader. It's some sort of but. You can reinstall WMP when your done installing the firmware. I found it on the creative forum.
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2009 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Nov 26, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jul 23, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jul 02, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jun 03, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Feb 11, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Feb 04, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jan 30, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Sleek Photo MP3 Player
2,543 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: