I would like to know where i can get the inside peg that you plug the adaptor into the laptop. it is really loose. i would also like to know how much the piece or whatever it is will cost. i hope you can help me out. thanks.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a tricky issue, it's either a problem related to the battery or the adaptor.
Try removing the battery and just plug in the adaptor and see if the computer will boot. If it does then there's a problem with the battery and you just need to replace it, if it doesn't then there's a few other things it could be.
The two most likely options is that the adaptor is bad, or the AC port on the computer has become loose. Most of the computers I've repaired that had these symptoms was that the AC port was bad if the battery wasn't. The best way to test this is to plug in the adaptor and just see if it wiggles around a lot, if it's loose then it might not be connecting to the board correctly and will need to be soldered bad on. If it's not loose then the adaptor might be bad, you can test another adaptor on your laptop or that adaptor on someone else's but be carefull, I can't stress this enough, if you're going to switch adaptors you have to make sure that the voltage IS EXACTLY THE SAME and has the same amps, if the voltage is off you can damage the computer, if the amps is off you can damage the adaptor.
If by some fluke it doesn't seem to be the battery, and you tested the adaptor and the AC port doesn't feel loose, then the charging circuit in the laptop might be shot, in which case you'll need a new motherboard.
I think that covers everything, sorry for the wall of text
If the power point is ok try using another AC adaptor of some of your known person who is using the same laptop, and check it should work else the fault will be with laptop and you need to get the same checked at the service center,
make sure you do not open the laptop on your own as you may loose the warrenty of the same
Did you wiggle it a bit when plugged in? You can't tell from looking on the outside if the plug is fine because it goes bad inside where it is soldered. This is a very common problem, and have fixed many laptops with the same problem. All of them had a bad solder connection inside. Did you dtermine the plug was fine by plugging another ac adapter to your laptop or you just checked it visually? Hit me up I will solve this one for you.
Keep in mind since you cleaned it out, only have the AC adaptor hooked up to rule the battery out. If the laptop stays on with only the ac adaptor hooked up and doesn't shut off then you know that the battery is faulty. If it still shuts off even with just the ac adaptor hooked up then it could be the ac adaptor.
Also check one more thing, with only the ac adaptor hooked up, wiggle the cord where it plugs into the laptop and see if the laptop shuts off, if it does then the dc jack on the motherboard is loose and needs to be resoldered back into place so it stays put.
Hi ! While power off, disconnect the power adaptor. Take off battery.
Plug the power adaptor back and try to start ! Is it running?
If yes, than the power adaptor is OK.
Now shut down and disconnect the power adaptor. Put back your battery and start! Leave it untill you 'empty' the battery. Do not start your laptop.
Plug the power adaptor and do not start your laptop yet. Is there a led idicator showing that the battery is charging ? Does it shows when the battery is full charged (e.g. red/yellow=charging, to green/off charged)? If not, leave it for at least 3 hours. After that, start your laptop (adaptor is plugged) and see if you still have an icon saying charging 99%.
If that is the case, then something is wrong with the battery.
Check your warranty, and replace it. DO NOT OPEN the battery - nothing interesting you will find inside - nothing you can do !
plug it into the wall , most newer laptops will have a power boost while plugged into AC.
check your power cable receptical on the back of the laptop, these are notorious for getting loose.
check the cable on the ac adaptor, these are bad for getting breaks that you cant see in them (run your hand down the cable physically and fell for any breaks while unplugged, then do it again plugged in and watch for lights to flicker on the computer.
look for the power light on the laptop to come on when you plug the adaptor in. if you get a light on the adaptor and on the computer, then the adaptor isnt the issue.
the next step is checking the power button and power supply.. post what your results are here and we'll move to the next step if not resolved.
when you plug in the power adaptor, does the light on the computer come on showing it has power before you press the button. If not , you need to take a voltmeter and check the DC voltage at the computer end of the adaptor while it is powered. If there is no power there, it is a problem with the cord. (this can be done yourself safely if you have access the a multimeter or you can run it down to your local radio shack and ask then to check it for you.
If the adaptor is ok , then id check where it plugs into the computer for looseness. cords get taken in & out of laptops a lot, and this area is VERY prone to getting damaged so to cause limmitted or no contact resulting in NO power.
once you've ruled out the cord , the computer power supply comes into suspect. This has airways through the back of your laptop (visable & hidden) that need to be clean (blown out) from time to time. If these get blocked with dirt, the laptop will run hot , shut down eventually and could cause damage to other hardware.
check these things and post again here, hopefully you dont have to go through everything before you find the issue.
Hope i was a help to you, let me know if i can assist you further.
Is the power adaptor made for the country you are living in? It's possible the plug you are plugging it into has a higher current than the plug was certified for. Have you tried plugging the laptop in in another location (like, in a different building)? You may just need to replace the adaptor, how old is it?