Hey Devaman, like you I have just upgraded the software and disabled all of the timers, but most importantly I have disabled the "update whilst on stanby" option from the SETUP menu. It now seems to behave...
One more comment, I was very dishappointed by Samsung lack of interest, they never bothered to reply to my email, which I think is extremely rude... but then, am I surprised? :¬)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
not sure if this will help you out,if not go to the link at the bottom for more help.
If you don't hit a remote button for a few hours, the TV turns itself off. Check to see if there's a settings option to disable this power saving feature, or to extend the time before it automatically turns the TV off. Maybe a sleep timer setting? The sleep timer is off. Tv keeps shutting off Google Search
Check the tv menu settings...go to where you set the date and time etc... usually in the general section..
Look for timer or timers...turn off sleep timer, turn off power on timer and turn off power off timer...cheers
3) 50001 timer is not random vacation timer like the 50003. 50000 series timers by Woods have 1 year limited warranty, and they are a new design released this year. However the analog timer design has been around for many years.
4) If timer is acting randomly, then a) timer is defective, b) the override switch is not fully positioned at 'timer on,' c) segments are not lifted fully in position,
5) ... other more remote causes: outlet might not test 80% rated voltage?, outlet might have reversed polarity?
5) Try timer on different outlet with different light.
6) As the timer dial rotates, the segments push small lever, and the lever moves switch that turns lights on-off. I suppose if this lever was broken or switch was broken, then timer would act more randomly.
I can definitely provide assistance with this. Whenever our receivers do
their nightly update, the receivers do enter standby mode. There is no
way to disable this, but you can definitely setup an Auto Tune timer.
This will cause the receiver to exit standby mode and tune to a channel.
To set this up, find a channel you want the TV to go to, and choose the
time you want the receiver to turn on. Press record from the guide.
Select 'Auto Tune' from the list, and select 'Daily'. This will set it
up to happen every day.
If you have any other questions, just let me know!
Here is how it works. The push button repeats itself in following sequence (must plug in).
F 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A d 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
F: timer is off.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9: from dusk to dawn count down number of hours repeated every day. That's most useful to control outdoor lightings.
A: from dusk to dawn count down number of hours which is randomly selected by this timer. Which is usually for indoor use to turn lights on and off for number of hours. The randomly selected hours is a security feature so that lights on (I believe the on time is within the range of 1 hour from dusk set by the timer) and off (it is randomly set, you can see the display blinking showing the selected countdown hours) shows no pattern to outsiders.
d: just on from dusk and off at dawn. It is also used to control outside lights but just a little wasteful in my opinion.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.: meaning count down number of hours starts from the time when the button is pushed so that you can have a countdown timer at any time.
Im thinking that maybe you a have a timer recording set. The whole unit wont function at all if you turn it on via power button (remote or unit). There should be a button at the top of the remote called 'timer set' pressing this will disable that mode and allow complete use of everything. but make sure u press timer set again when powering down, otherwise simply turning off the machine will leave the timer recording disabled.