Question about Washing Machines
Hi i have an a.e.g washing machine it was working nicely for the last couple of years, suddenly it stoped , light is on but no sound of working. i need some trouble shooting hints .
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord if you feel qualified.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2017 | Washing Machines
Oct 27, 2014 | Washing Machines
Here are a couple of tips that I wrote that tell you how to troubleshoot a Torpedo or Reddy heater...
Reddy Heater - Troubleshooting Torpedo Heaters
Dec 15, 2010 | Reddy Heater-70,000 BTU Kerosene w/T'stat
Sep 13, 2010 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 29, 2018 | AEG Lavamat 72640 Front Load Washer
Jan 26, 2010 | AEG Washing Machines
Aug 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Sep 10, 2008 | Maytag MDB7100AWB Dishwasher
Jan 08, 2008 | Kenmore 2.1 cu. ft. Portable Top Load...
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!