- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will have to supply more details if you want help.
- What is the MFR DATE of the 360 (On the barcode sticker)?
- Is the 360 modified, if so what kind of modification?
- When the console goes to the black screen, does it freeze or can you return to the dashboard when pressing the "X-BOX" button on the controller?
Does it do this with all games or only a few?
start the console using the guide button on the controller. as soon as they console recognizes the controller you press y and rt untill it restarts. if it doesnt help then you try another a/v cable. if issue persists Repair needed. Call MS support.
turn the xbox on and then sync them by hitting the little white button on the top of the controller, and then the little white button (same picture) on the front of the box, they should recognize eachother
From your post,both problems are related, this sounds like a problem with the rf board, this is the board behind your on/off button, its not too difficult to replace, they cost about £5 off ebay, but if you have warranty, take it back and give them both barrels about selling you shoddy goods and get them to fix it.
Remember thumbs up if this helps, if you still have problems, comment me.
It sounds like one or more of the GPU connections has a bad connection. This means it is very close to dying from the 3 lights of death. Your unit needs to be sreviced by a professional or Microsoft.
Not to sound stupid, but verify the controller works. If so, take the xbox apart and switch the controller ports. They unplug real easy. Put port 3,4 in place of 1,2. If that don't work email me at firstname.lastname@example.org