Question about Uniden DCT646-2 Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Static electricity While answering my DCT646 cordless phone, a noticeable discharge of static electricity occurred. When I heard the little pop, I noticed the LCD display had turned to black lines. The phone still works, however, the LCD display is absent. Is there any way to reset the display?

Posted by on

  • bethann2779 Jan 31, 2009

    i wen to answer the phone and i zapped the phone i believe with static electricity. now the phone don't work. please advise

  • colacook Mar 10, 2009

    When I answered the cordless phone I got zapped and the phone also, now no display but the phone still works what can I do to fix this??

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I had the same problem when I answered my cordless phone static charge went thru me and into my phone and I had now display, so i changed the batteries in the handset and it worked. So I hope this works for you.

Posted on Mar 10, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I walked across the room to answer cordless phone and static shocked my phone. It does not work now. Why? Can it be fixed?


In a dry climate, and you if you wear a rubber soled shoes, and when you walk on carpet to your cordless phone you will build up a static charge. When as you pick up your phone this static charge will discharge through the phone as you touch it.
The fix, avoid building a static charge by walking around without wearing shoes or move the phone to a location where there is no carpet.

Feb 26, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Very bad static pn the phone


I have the same problem on all the handsets and I don't know the answer to solving the problem. I just pulled out my old phone. I give up!!

May 02, 2010 | Uniden Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Any watch that I wear loses at least an hour a day.


This is very rare, but it looks like you are the one with ability to generate high levels of static electricity. And static electricity is naturally occurring very high voltage electricity, sometimes reaching thousands of Volts in charge. Human body is excellent conductor and as any conductor it will discharge itself when the time and place is right. Every human body has static electricity, but in most cases it isn't strong enough to interfere with everyday use things surrounding us. In your case it is different - you may not even notice it, but your discharge can interfere or even damage things. My advise to you is to buy a mechanical watch (spring driven). This should solve the problem, as the only force to have an affect on mechanical watch is gravity. And gravity is beyond any humans reach and will remain constant for the couple of million years.

Jan 07, 2010 | Timex Expedition 40141 Wristwatch

1 Answer

Constant static and interference


VTech products are generally poorly designed and manufactured. You can probably notice the FCC Warnings on the device that say that you must accept all interference that you may recieve while in use. Go out, splurge a little, and find a telephone made by a well known company like Panasonic, Sony, etc.

Apr 13, 2009 | Lands Phones

1 Answer

Static


If the static appears on both sets, the problem could be with the phone line itsself. If you live in a detached house you could check the line at the network interface device (NID). Its a gray box about 8" x 6"give or take and should be marked as such. (it's usually over by the electric meter.
With a screw driver open the NID, there should be a little cord and a plug that it plugs in to. Unplug the plug and plug your telephone into it if the static is still there its a problem with the line and the local telco will need to be notified. If the static disapears then its an inside wiring problem.
If you live in an apartment or condominium complex it would probibly be easier to call your telco provider and let them troubleshoot it.
Hope that helps

Mar 27, 2009 | Uniden Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Static on the line, not heard by the caller


this is not in the phone its in the line you need to let your service provider know about this problem so they can fix it

Mar 08, 2009 | Uniden DCT646-2 Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Constant static and interference


I have found that dimmer switches might be the cause your problem. If you have any around the house you may want to change them to a regular switch.
To test to see if this is the cause, turn all your dimmer switches completely off (not just turned down). See if it clears your static issue.

Sep 01, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone

2 Answers

No message recorded. Static when in use.


It sounds like you have damage to an internal component of your phone.

HERE is a link to the manual, if needed.

Jan 23, 2008 | AT&T ATT-1855 Corded Phone

3 Answers

Constant static and interference


FIRST YOU MUST DETERMINE IF THERE IS STATIC ON YOUR PHONE LINE. EVEN WITH DSL THERE CAN BE STATIC EVEN IF THE INTERNET IS WORKING. IF YOU HAVE A CORDED PHONE TAKE IT OUT TO THE PHONE INTERFACE BOX AND OPEN THE BOX / THERE SHOULD BE A PLACE YOU CAN UNPLUG YOUR WIRING FROM THE PHONE COMPANY. PLUG YOUR PHONE INTO WHERE YOU UNPLUGGED THE WIRING AND SEE IF YOU HAVE STATIC THERE. IF YOU STILL HEAR STATIC IT IS THE PHONE COMPANY'S PROBLEM.

SOMETIMES UNPLUGGING FROM BOTH THE PHONE LINE AND THE POWER SOURCE AND REMOVING THE BATTERIES WILL CORRECT SOME PROBLEMS. FOR SECOND PHONES ON A SYSTEM THEY MUST BE REGISTERED TO THE BASE. ONCE IT IS REGISTERED IT SHOULD SHOW A NUMBER IN CORNER OF SCREEN (2)
THE MANUAL SHOULD TELL YOU HOW TO REGISTER SETS. IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MANUAL SEE IF YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ONE FROM THE WEB SITE OR CALL VTECH 1-800-595-9511

Dec 05, 2007 | Vtech 5.8GHz Analog Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Lots of static heard during use of this phone.


Time for a new phone. Most likely there are some bad solder connections and they could be anywhere. A 2 year old battery should not cause such severe problems so I'd spend the money on a new phone before a new battery.

Jun 27, 2007 | Motorola Mobility MA580 5.8GHz Digital...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Uniden DCT646-2 Cordless Phone Logo

549 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Uniden Lands Phones Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

k24674

Level 3 Expert

7993 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4946 Answers

Are you an Uniden Lands Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...