Question about Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Received fax is unreadable or blurry
Please go through the checklist below to see if the suggested action(s) can resolve the issue.
* Make sure the copy function is working well.
* Print a Clean nozzle page from the Maintenance menu. If the printout has unexpected white or color horizontal streaks or missing portions, print the Clean nozzle page again. If you are still experiencing streaks or mission portions, you may need to replace your cartridge(s).
* The cartridges may need to be aligned.
* You may need to ask the sender to increase their fax quality.
Sent fax is unreadable or blurry.
1. If the receiving party indicates that the fax output is unreadable or blurry, you may want to try increasing the fax quality.
2. Check the scanner glass for excess amounts of smudges and/or fingerprints. If the scanner glass needs cleaning, moisten a clean, lint-free cloth and gently wipe the scanner glass. Make sure the scanner glass is dry before scanning the next document.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2011 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 08, 2011 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 29, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 13, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 27, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 08, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 19, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 18, 2008 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!