Question about Computers & Internet
I have a brand new MB and e8400 CPU and it wont post and makes an awfull buzzing noise near the CPU i have tried two different types of memory . i also tried my older e6700 with no luck .the little lcd just reads CPU INIT which is what it says when you turn the power supply on
1. Let's check for shorting contact on that BoBo. By that I mean, make sure your MoBo soldering circuitry isn't touching casing metal in the back. The MoBo needs to sit 'insitu' on it's screws. Sometimes if it touches the case there is a short and warning sounds.
2. Are you using the same CPU on either MoBo? Try a different processor also.
3. Go over your Processor voltage and clocking settings.
4. Use different RAM and Viseo to see the difference.
5. Check your HDD, Power SW, Processor Fan, RESET carefully with the MoBo manual..
6. Try removing the MoBo from the case and keep it connected to the P/supply and Leds. Fire it outside the case and see what happens.
Sorry, but these are practical things any engineer would check for in troubleshooting: isolate the problem systematically.
Let us know what you find, ok.
Posted on Mar 03, 2008
Don't mean to butt in here but I'll bet the 4 pin_ATX 12v connector is not connected to the board. That 4 pin_ATX 12v connector give's the CPU it's power. Without is the system will not boot. Some boards will give off that weird sound you are hearing.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 Motherboard
Jun 06, 2011 | Gigabyte (GA-EP31-DS3L) Motherboard
May 07, 2011 | ASUS P5GD1 Motherboard
Mar 20, 2009 | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775 3.00GHz 6MB...
Jan 07, 2009 | ASUS P5VD2-VM SE - Motherboard - micro ATX...
568 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!