Question about Brother MFC-845CW multi-function All-In-One InkJet Printer
My brother 845cw mysteriously went from online to offline, and now i cannot use it to print anything
Had same issue and here is what worked for me.
1. Go to Printers and right click on Brother printer and choose 'Properties'
2. Click the 'Ports' tab and with proper Brother printer port highlighted click 'Configure Port'
3. In second field titled "Printer Name or IP Address" enter the IP address of printer*
4. Click 'OK' as need to exit out.
I'm using XP so this may be slightly different depeneding on your flavor of Windows. The main thing is to name the port with the IP address and not rely on name resolution.
Hope this works for you too!
* If you don't know your printer's IP address then you can go to your printer and under the 'Reports' section print-out the Network Configuration report to find IP address.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
If Using Windows 7 (Vista as well perhaps) and wireless connectivity is used, add a new TCP/IP port then ensure the printer is connected via that port, rather that that installed by the printer setup program. However, unless you have set a static IP address on the printer, you will have to use its Node Name (Menu | LAN | WLAN | TCP/IP Settings | Node Name) to identify it in the port configuration dialog.
Posted on Jan 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2011 | Brother MFC-845CW multi-function...
Jun 14, 2011 | Brother MFC-845CW InkJet Printer
Nov 08, 2010 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 07, 2009 | Brother Printers & Copiers
May 31, 2009 | HP DeskJet 3940 InkJet Photo Printer
May 13, 2009 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 23, 2009 | Brother MFC-7820N Printer
872 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: