- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You didn't let it dry out all the way so the liquid in there is acting like a conductor screwing everything up . The computer inside shut down to save itself. What you have to do is take out battery and sim card and then cover to expose insides. let air dry in well ventilated space for 24 hours and then start over. It should work but it might have been too late and in which case you need a new phone. If you ever get anything electronic wet, shut it down immediately take apart and let air dry and in some cases if the goo is too bad then you need to take an alcohol swab and clean off the components. Electronics are great but they are not invincible.
Dont worry yet! Maybe your water spilled device is a gonner but let's be optimistic!
You should do the steps bellow as soon as possible.
-Disconnect from outlet (if connected). -Remove the battery (if possible). -Dry it with a towel. -Cautiously! with a hairdryer blow it dry! even inside the compartment, if you have access. Have patience! keep on for few minutes! -Putting in raw rice for a day or two can help to dry it further.
Even if these steps do not help to revive it, they will definitely maximize your chances for your device to be accepted by the manufacturer to be repaired under warranty/guaranty!
You phone needs to be taken apart and dried out. You probably shorted the battery, it will need to be replaced. If it got really wet, boards start to corrode and phone may not be fixable. Every connection on phone needs to be taken apart and dried, hopefully your phone will work again. Sometimes I get them to work again, and sometimes I don't. Good Luck
Remove the battery immediately and dry it up with your hair dryer without heat. Dry it for a long time as water may have gone deep inside. Then you can insert the battery with the fingers crossed. And hope that it powers on. If it does not power on then friend, I am sorry to say, it may be too late. With the battery and water inside the phone may have burnt some circuits. We hope not in your case. All the best to your phone.
The main effect of water is on the motherboard of the cellphone.
In case, it has not affected the working of cellphone/motherboard inside that, you can keep the cell in dry temperature for few hours, you can use a dryer or you can open the lcd/screen panel and you can also use soft cotton to keep it dry.
Thanks for using Fixya.
try taking it apart and letting it all sit straight up for one week thats what i did it works sometimes if not your best set is to find a local cell phone shop not a franchise one like in a mall and ask if they can get it fixed or refurbished..
very common fault with cell phones - they don't behave well in water. If it has damaged the phone inside not much can be done in way of fixing but it's worth trying to take it apart and leaving it in an airing cupboard. This means covers battery sim case, take off as much as you can. The more the better. This willl allow as much moisture as possible to dry out. (this may well take a few days though so be paitent) If this doesn't work you make have caused the boards to short out - if this is the case it'll be more expensive to get it repairded physically than buying a new one.
I had my phone in my purse and a water bottle opened up and spilled all over. My phone was able to turn on but the touch screen did not work at all it just beeped.
To fix it all I did was got an eye glass repair screwdriver that you can get at any Walgreens or CVS for around $2. I unscrewed the back screws (there's 5) and took off the top back panel, blow dried it on very low heat for a while and let it sit over night with out the cover. In the morning it worked like new.
If a phone gets wet, turn it off, get the strongest rubbing alcohol you can find (we have 91% here) and immerse the phone in the alcohol. Let it sit for a minute or two and then take it out and let it dry. The alcohol will either wash away the water or mix with it to make it dry faster so it shouldn't corrode the contacts. This had to be done with the phone still wet from the original spill. Taking it to the vendor, they will look in the BTTY compartment and see that the phone was wet (little paper sensor that changes color if it ever gets wet) and that voids the warranty so you are kind of stuck sorry.
When electronics get wet, they MUST be taken apart as soon as possible and dried out. It probably has some wet areas inside that may have fried some connections. Water or corrosion by the water have short circuited something inside. There is still hope I hope to either take it apart and inspect and clean the corrosion off of all electronics or take it to an electronics shop and get them to do it.