Question about Motorola Mobility V176 Cellular Phone
This happened once before and Net10 replaced the phone. Same thing happened with this phone. Apparently there is some sort of timing issue with powering it up and connecting the car charger while it is powering up. Display now says units insrtead of minutes so I know it is in Tracfone mode. Text messeages work and do not deduct minutes. When try to make or answer a call I get the message "Max Call Numbers are Reached!"
I have the V170 phone and had the "Max Call Numbers are Reached" message. I removed the battery and sim card then put them back in. When I powered up the phone I had to reset the date and time but the message was gone. My phone numbers were still in the phone. Everything seems to work fine now. Hope this helps
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I just wish Net10/Trackfone would resolve this issue. I'm convinced that it's a glitch with their system. I have a Net10 Motorolla V176. It worked great for the past 2 years or so, then all of a sudden I got the "Max call numbers are reached!" scenario that you all have too. Same exact scenario. I can't call or answer my calls. I can't call the voicemail. I could however send and recieve text messages at no charge which isn't normal for a Net10 phone. So I called Net10 and they said it was my phone that was broken and they sent me a replacement phone which was a LG 1500 (don't agree to recieve that piece of #$*@ phone as a replacement btw). Oddly enough when the LG 1500 showed up at my door, my old phone stopped being able to be called and the text messaging no longer worked... Hmmm.... me thinks Net10 is screwing around with my phone at this point. So anyway, I jumped through all the hoops to get this p.o.s. LG 1500 to work and get my old number and minutes transfered to it. Net10 did transfer my old number to it, but said it would take 1 to 3 days for my minutes to transfer. To make this experience even more insulting, my new "reconditioned" LG 1500 phone's display no longer works.
I'm sorry I don't know how to fix this problem, as I know you all are just as mad as me about it. The best way I know how to fix this problem is to find a new phone service provider. I liked Net10 while it worked, but I think it's about time to look else where... good luck to you all
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
I have the motorola V170 and had the "Max Call Numbers are Reaced" problem. I pulled the battery and sim card out of the phone then put them back in. Powered up the phone and had to reset the time and date. It retained my phone numbers and the error went away.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
We experienced the same thing on our V176 phone. We had a phone that had been working for months. Sometime in February, it powered off and when we powered it back on, the display started showing 'units' instead of 'minutes' and we could no longer make or receive phone calls without being blocked by a message that read "Max Call Numbers are Reached".
We received a replacement V176 and same problem happened.
I think Motorola has a security or software OS issue to resolve.
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2015 | LG TracFone 600 Cell Phone - TF600GP4
Jun 09, 2015 | Samsung Cell Phones
Mar 21, 2014 | Motorola Mobility NET10 Cellular Phone
Mar 04, 2014 | Motorola Cell Phones
Jan 23, 2014 | Unimax Net 10 UMX MaxBravo U671C Pre-Paid...
Nov 09, 2013 | Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone Black
Mar 20, 2008 | Motorola Mobility V176 Cellular Phone
2,442 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!