Bell South Telephone Manual, Model 222 (20 Memory)
My daughter gave me a Bell South 20 memory phone, Model 222. I need to know how to program the phone numbers into it. I have contacted Bell South. They refered me to the web site. That was not helpful. Could you help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
By typing "Southwestern Bell Freedom Phone Manual" in Google, the first description on top of the page I clicked on showed me a variety of catagories of phones to choose from. I clicked on the corded phone catagory and I chose FC2548 which was the closest to my model FC2570. I downloaded a pdf of the owner's manual which solved my problem of saving numbers to memory and
Given that consumer telephones are inexpensive, the cost of repairing the speaker phone on the 960 (assuming you still have it) is probably not worth it.
Going off of my memory....to program a speed dial you would first press "Program", enter the telephone number you want stored and then press the one of the memory buttons to save the number to. If the number is to be saved on a lower memory position press "Lower" before you press the memory button.
AT&T's telephone product website has a section where user manuals for many AT&T and Lucent branded telephones.
You may try this:
1. Pick up the handset and listen for a dial tone.
2. Press and release the STORE button.
3. Enter the phone number(up to 16 digits)you want to store into memory(The telephone number will not dial out)
4. Press and release the STORE button.
5. Press a one-digit number(0 - 9)on the keypad to store the phone number into the desired memory location.
6. Hang up the phone by returning the handset to the handset cradle on the base.
7. To store more phone numbers in memory, repeat steps 1 - 6
Good Luck !!