I have a 1993 Memorex 158 moviecorder after leaving it plugged in a few months to its adapter I could not get it to function. It may have been a power surge that did it BUT there IS still power from the adapter and the battery. Contacts seem okay. I used an old multimeter to check voltages but am unsure of its accuracy it just shows that there is power. The camera will not function in any way. I have an 8mm tape in it but cannot eject it. Should I try to have it fixed or just junk it and break into it to get my tape. I figure the camera might be worth $30 but it worked perfectly before this happened, I hate to throw it away. Hope you have some good advice for me. thanks, Frank G.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it\'s only two months old it may have a defective charging cable or adapter. If it\'s a new purchase and you can return it. To check to see if it might be the adapter and not the charging cable you have a few cheap ways to test this out.
General charging recommendations.
If you get power leave it on charge at least 3+ hours. This is the minimum time required if the battery is totally drained. If the Nook turns itself on during this process manually turn it off. The battery charges faster and more deeply if it\'s truely powered down. Charging more than 3 hours won\'t hurt it. In fact some manufacturers claim leaving thier products on charge for an additional hour after the charging light glows green is good as it leaves a slightly deeper charge on the battery. Also I believe leaving it alone for that hour allows it to cool the battery. Most manufacturers also recommend tottaly draining the battery at least once a month and then fully recharging it 1+ hours after charging light is green. They claim this helps the battery maintain a healthy charge and extends the battery life. Simply disconnect any charging cables, turn the unit on and just let it set. Don\'t touch it peroid just leave it alone until it turns off because the battery is totally drained. Then just plug it in and leave it. Only if the unit automatically turns itself on do you manually turn it back off.
Well that\'s about in in keeping the battery life and charge at its maximum.
If your AC power adapter has gone south there are only three ways to get around this. 1. Purchase a generic AC to USB adapter. 2. Purchase a genetic DC to USB adapter. Most of these can be cheaply purchased at most drug stores ect.. these days. You can even get DC to USB ones at dollar stores such as Dollar Tree. Good way to maintain your battery if your AC one goes south or you lose house current.
One other way to charge your battery is to plug the USB cable into your computer. Some manufacturers don\'t recommend this as this more often than not doesn\'t fully tank up your battery.
You can also get replacement charging cables at the same place you got the adapters. Places such as Walgreens, or CVS often have these at around five dollars a pop.
for visiting FixYa! We answer your
concerns promptly for FREE. Please spare a few seconds to
click on YES button and leave a
short comment to let other people know how I help you. Have a good one!
I'd call HP and request a new power adapter. I've had a few of them go bad before and it's just a short in the cord. Your plug might be loose also...but a good place to start is by calling HP and getting a new cord.
Can you not detach the lead to the charger unit, and plug that directly to the camcorder, to see if its the actual camcorder at fault ?
Near the camcorders power socket, you should see a small picture telling you what power the cam uses - usually around 7 volts, centre positive connection jack plug, at around 900mAh. As long as you get the voltage close, and have enough amps behind it, it will still work safely.
Camcorders are rarely fussy about the exact voltage, but you should never go above 9 volts unless its needs more. Most take the internal power down to 5 volts inside anyway.
The batteries do have a tiny non-replaceable internal fuse, triggered by voltage spikes or overheating, and if that goes, it usually means buying a new battery :(
Batteries can go at any time from the very first second they are used. I've bought many, and had a few that didn't last 2 months from brand new. One high-end type lasted over 9 hours on its very first charge :) and then never worked again after that :(
Probably your battery's gone bad. This happens and often surprises people, when they don't think that they're even using thier battery. The same people say that they always leave the laptop plugged in and that's the problem. Laptop battery's go dead when they aren't allowed to discharge completely(turn off the battery monitoring) once a month or so. To test this theory, see how long it lasts after you unplug it. If it doesn't last long, you need a new battery. If it does and your laptop goes dead after awhile and doesn't turn back on, you need a new power adapter(or your motherboard's power unit's gone bad).
Hi, This issue could be due to two reasons 1). The power adapter of the scanner could go bad and needs to be changed, and the other the Scanner it self is gone bad, however you can try few steps given below. 1.Remove the scanner power adapter and clean the metal contacts on both the ends also clean the metal contacts on the scanner as well if possible. 2.Reseat the power adapter on both the ends. 3.Plug the scanner to a different or known good power source 4.Disconnect and bypass the power extensions if used and connect the scanner directly to the wall jack. 5.Try a similar know good power adapter. Regards Malik Khan
You will need to send it back to the manufacturer for repair for this. No doubt the LCD backlight has either burnt out of has a bad soldier connection inside. This can also happen if the unit has been dropped.