Question about Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
I have saeco incanto deluxe coffee machine, the ventilate message appears. i have tried to load the circuit, hot water message is displayed but no hot water/steam flows out of nozzle, then it tells me to close knob and then ventilate msg appears again.
Check the end of the steam nozzle, make sure it is not blocked. If not then with the knob open for hot water cycle push in on the knob if that works then the tap rod assemble or the steam valve needs to be replaced.
Posted on Feb 21, 2010
I have saeco incanto deluxe coffee machine, the ventilate message appears. i have tried to load the circuit, hot water message is displayed but no hot water/steam flows out of nozzle, then it tells me to close knob and then ventilate msg appears again
Posted on Aug 18, 2010
I had the same problem, ventilate message would come on when turned the machine on, no matter how many times I turned the knob to hot water & steam through nothing would happen except could hear the pump running - was about to throw it away, then figured had nothing to lose and looked inside the machine for a blockage.
I looked all over the net and could not find an answer or youtube vid to show how to fix - closest one was something in german on a similar machine!
its not a very easy task, there are loads of little bits packed tight in there. my hands were too big for some places so I had my daughter help hold couple tiny bits to help
essentially I took each main part out and ran some water through it with a syringe until i found the blockage, which turned out to be gunk in a hose next to heater unit.
did it like this:
you'll need some small phillips and torx screwdrivers, allen keys small spanners - 8mm 10mm and 11mm and some needle nose pliers. (if you are prepared you could replace some o-ring seals while you are in there!)
i got my phone to take lots of photos as I went to remember what cable attaches to what
1. power unplug at wall
2. took back cover off and disconnected the magnetic water level sensor and the water intake line.
3. take black plastic drip piece out from bottom right with two screws
4. undo phillips screw bottom of bean hopper and remove, undo torx screws holidng roof on, undo torx screws on the screen/button surround. gently lift roof off, remove the earth wire with pliers and pull the heater power connection to free the roof.
4. unscrewed heater unit (the thing in the hard foam casing) from the boiler, undid the little clip on the end of the hose going to the steam valve and pull out - take care not to lose the o-ring. other end connects to the boiler
5 on the front side removed the drip tray and brew unit, then using an allen key undo three allen screws that hold the boiler in place.
6 back in the back side, GENTLY wriggled the boiler free, and taking care to get LOADS of photos of what wire went where, using pliers pulled wire connectors.
7 once boiler is free, removed the plastic vent part that was sticking out the front into the brew unit and the hoses disconnect from that. the heater is now free and checked to see if water would go through it.
- on my machine this is where the blockage was, so using spanners undid the hose connections from the end - once the nut is loosened off, you can see the little brass ring fixed to the plastic hose, use flat edges of pliers to wiggle the hoses out.
my blockage was in the end of the hose, so I stripped a piece of electric cable, and gently fed it down the hose from both ends and broke up the gunk until it was free, then flushed the tube.
8 repeated the rinse and remove hoses process once the boiler unit was free, so at this point has ensured that flow was good through each component.
(the ventilate command comes up cos no water is flowing, little bits of coffee etc can get in the system and block it at various points)
9. little round flow meter at the bottom of unit twists free, and checked & cleaned this for gunk also
10. put the machine back together in the reverse order, carefully ensuring that every wire and every hose was properly connected to the same places - be careful to take lots of photos as you go if you are doing the same.
11. switched on and voila everything worked as before!
12. ran through full rinse cycle
13. make some coffee!!
seems like ventilate error is something these machines are prone to - something will be blocked. in my case the machine wasn't very old and was in good nick - about 2000 coffees and regularly descaled. if you did this and didn't find obvious block in a hose then could be a different part is blocked or broken and you'd need to source a replacement part?
so satisfying to have fixed it!!
Posted on Nov 30, 2018
You may want to give this a try:
Posted on Dec 11, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The flowmeter is on the bottom of the machine follow the line that leads from the pump and you will see the flowmeter.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Do you get coffee? If it is just no water/steam, could be a blockge in the steam wand, or blockage in water lines. First test easy one - the steam wand. If the steam wand is o.k- then check for blockages in water lines/components ( pump, boiler, steam boiler). If you do not feel confortable with testing all the untis where water flows, contact Saeco USA Inc. to locate a Service Center near you at 800-933-7876 (toll-free), ask for customer support, or contact SAECO via e-mail at : email@example.com
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2015 | Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
Aug 21, 2013 | Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
Jan 27, 2013 | Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
Sep 24, 2017 | Saeco Incanto Deluxe Coffee Machine
Oct 23, 2011 | Saeco Royal Professional Espresso Machine
Jul 17, 2010 | Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
Jan 17, 2010 | Saeco Incanto Classic Espresso Machine
May 31, 2009 | Saeco Incanto Classic Espresso Machine
May 15, 2019 | Saeco INCANTO DELUXE Espresso Machine
8,888 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!