Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fire inWestinghouse microwave oven

A side wall of my Westinghouse Scanning Microwave Model WST3506SB bubbled out and caught on fire. I immediately canceled the program and determined that it was not food or fat that had caught on fire but was indeed the wall itself. I had been preparing an Orville Redenbacher Popcorn package according to the popcorn directions. What do I do now? Bettylene W. Franzus, Johnson City, TN

Posted by on

  • go4ohiogirl Jan 14, 2009

    i had the exact same problem with same microwave and same popcorn the bubble and everything. what did you do.

  • go4ohiogirl Jan 14, 2009

    my microwave scanner oven by westinghouse caught on fire and bubbled out on the wall while cooking orville popcorn also...what to do. will they replace

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have contacted the manufacturer, Salton, Inc to complete the warranty. Thank you for the quick response.

Posted on Feb 29, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Heat: I placed a microwavable food product in my sharp carousel r-1505. there was a tiny piece of the foil still attached to the rim of the product container. upon start, the foil immediately caught...


Maybe. The presence of metallic material (foil, stainless steel silverware, etc.) in an operating microwave oven creates electric arcs between the foil and the inside wall of the oven. And this can destroy the electric components.

Sep 22, 2013 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sharp Carousel microwave - 1200 watts - Model R530EKT - caught on fire while using


you must carefully and read your instr. manual if some material inside the microwave can be produce fire. Otherwise the microwave can be old and the electronic component deterioring and cause exploding.Some time the material inside from the microwaves, is corroded, and the irradiation can be produce Fire. Tes the indication given.

God bless you

Oct 01, 2012 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Last 2 times food cooked in microwave caught fire why?


Make sure the oven is clean and that the wave guide is not damaged or dirty. It's a heavy paper like thing on the wall that can deteriorate or get dirty and cause fire.

Dec 16, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Paper caught fire in microwave. microwave power


check breaker in your home electrical panel...make sure all are on

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My mothers Kenmore countertop microwave oven caught on fire late one evening. She remembers nothing of the fire circumstances as she was in a burn center for six weeks. My sister had the same model...


There is a GE/Kenmore recall: http://injurylaw.reganfirm.com/2007/12/articles/defective-products/cpsc-notice-ge-ge-profile-kenmore-microwave-ovens-recalled/. I don't know if your relative's models are involved. I suggest that you file an incident report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Aug 03, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Frigidaire Microwave caught on fire


The owner's manual warns of the dangers of overcooking potatoes and similar foods and not to ever leave the oven unattended while it's running.

If for some reason you don't have your owner's manual, you can download Frigidaire owner's manuals and installation instructions here.

Are you looking for help to get your microwave working again?

Chances are it's just an opened flame sensor (cavity thermostat / thermal cutout / T.C.O.). Its job is to cut power if there's a fire.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

Accessing some components for testing and possible replacement (like the oven cavity thermostat) will require you to remove the oven from the wall.

If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 07, 2009 | Frigidaire FMT116E1B Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Small 10 sec fire in microwave


it may be ok , but it should be checked for internal damage

Dec 10, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

198 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8858 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...