Question about Gateway Solo 5300 Notebook
Audio driver is installed and settings is ok but no sound
First u check it in device Manager,whether sound driver is install or not.If sound driver shows yellow mark then sound driver is not installed.I tell the following steps to install sound drivers.
First u install the UAA driver.After installation,u restart laptop.Next u install the Audio drivers.Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\****** folder . Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
If ur laptop have Windows vista operating system then u click on Start - Programs - Recovery Manager- Recovery manager.In that recovery manager,u click on next button.Its shows the software reinstalltion page.There u select the NO and clink on next button.Its shows the Hardware drivers reinstalltion page.U select YES and click on Next button.Its shows the Hardware drivers list.There u select the Audio driver and click on next button.After reinstalltion,u restart laptop and check it.If u get same problem then u take from nearest service center.
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2010 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 07, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Nov 17, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Oct 14, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Aug 11, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jul 19, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jun 28, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jun 19, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: