TOSHIBA GIGBEAT MEG-F20S MP3 - ERROR NO SYSTEM FOUND ON HDD
Everytime when i switch on my gigabeat f20, it shows this error.NO SYSTEM FOUND ON HDD. i've tried formating but once this error appears, you can't do anything. Sometimes it shows SYSTEM ERROR. Please help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
It's been 12 years since I got my Gigabeat F20 and now I was able to restore it, finally... I found all the original system folders inside and old backup HDD. If someone needs them, please let me know :D
the OS as been delete from hdd , most of the time 'cause formatting hdd with windows
must have other Gigabeat same model fonctional , or call Toshiba and ask for repair center near you they can copy O.S. back in your Blank hdd .
hello all my gigabeat f20 had that system error 00000010 on it so i removed the top and bottom cap, then i removed the rear cover off the unit (it takes a bit of force and the end caps just pull off). i noticed the long plug attaching the hard drive to the unit had semi-detached so i simply pushed it back on.NOW ITS FIXED!!!!!