Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top Load Washer
Fantastic, you just helped me fix my washer, Thank you, Ray
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
I believe your problem may be associated to a bad water inlet (fill) valve. Before you decide to replace the valve, however, double check the fill hose to ensure it is not clogged in any way. That is, turn off the water valve and remove the hose from the back of the washer. Place it in the washer tub and turn the water back on. Make sure water flows from the hose unrestricted and that it is hot. If you definitely have a good hot water supply, you will need to access your fill valve by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
c. And still, on some models the console has two screws holding it in place from the rear. Remove the screws and lift up on the console.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
7. With the washer casing out of the way, the washer fill valve will be located behind the wash tub on the back wall of the washer. Just follow where the fill hoses connect to if you become confused. Check to make sure BOTH sets of connector leads are connected to the valve and that the small rubber hoses are not kinked in any way.
8. Remove the connector plug and check the terminals. make sure they have not become corroded. If so, clean them with a small emery board or extra fine sandpaper (a rubber pencil eraser works well too).
9. If all preventive measures do not work, you will probably have to replace the fill valve. You can find the part at searspartsdirect.com or repairclinic.com. Just type in your model number in the search menu. The part costs about $25.
After you have replaced the fill valve:
1. Re-install the washer case. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. IMPORTANT!: Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
4. Re-install console.
I hope this helps you. Post back with any comments if you have further questions/concerns.
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2010 | Washing Machines
Aug 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 16, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 28, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 09, 2010 | Washing Machines
Sep 21, 2009 | Frigidaire FWS1339A Top Load Washer
Feb 22, 2009 | GE WJRR4170E Top Load Washer
Oct 19, 2007 | Washing Machines
Jan 18, 2006 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: