Question about Kenmore 64952 Electric Dryer
Model Kenmore Elite 110.63932101
Condition dryer runs and heats but 90% of the time shuts of after 3-10 minutes this occures on both moisture & time dry cycles and then on the other 10% of the time run a cycle fine?
The motor overload can caouse that problem in that case new motor is needed if the dryer turn right back on after it turns off the even heat control board in panel bad if it humms are no noise after turn off and you have to let cool down the motor is the problem
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
Ensure you have adequate airflow through your dryer. Clean lint screen, ensure there are no restrictions or clogs in the exhaust ducting, and make sure the outdoor vent shield is in good working order (there is sometimes a full diameter flap valve) and not clogged with lint or vegetation.
I had a similar problem with my series 70 (electric) stopping after running for a short while, but oddly it would run fine on air only and low heat.
It turns out the "critter cover" grate on the exhaust vent located outside the house was clogged with lint. Once the lint was removed from the grate my old Kenmore was working like it always had before.
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
Hi, If you have a gas dryer.
The most common problem with a gas and no heat is the ignitor going bad...
Here is a tip that I wrote about that problem...
Gas Dryer not Working Gas Dryer Not Heating
If your dryer is electric..
There could be a number of different problems...
Check out this tip that I wrote about this problem...
Dryer Troubleshooting Electric Dryer won t Heat
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2015 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Nov 30, 2012 | Dryers
Jul 10, 2012 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
The first suggestion I have for you is to simply run an Air Fluff cycle with no heat.
If the Air Fluff cycle runs okay then the problem is most likely with the thermistor.
You can try to run the dryer with the vent hose off and see if there is a difference.
Oct 07, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 7808 Gas Dryer
There can be many reasons why your dryer will not start or turn...
The most common causes are the belt breaking or jumping off, or the motor going bad...
Here are a couple of tips that I wrote will help you to figure out why your dryer will not run...
Dryer Repair - The Dryer is not Turning
Dryer Repair - The dryer will not start
Jan 02, 2011 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Dec 13, 2009 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Oct 08, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Mar 26, 2009 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
639 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: