Ok, I have successfully connected everything and put it on all the right settings and have finally gotten easycap to capture video straight from my VCR playing a VHS. HOWEVER, i cannot get the audio to work and its driving me crazy!! the tapes all work with audio when i hook the vcr to the tv so there is nothing wrong with all that. Any ideas?
Keep in mind that if you use the audio inputs it will not output that sound directly to your speakers like it might do if you use your soundcards. That's fine for capturing but if you intend to use it to be able to watch stuff on your computer screen then line in on the soundcard is they way to go.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In my experience with the Easycap software the quality of sound & vision is very poor. My recommendation is as follows:
1) Use windows movie maker instead to capture video.Use the 2M byte/sec capture rate. Make sure the box for "make video clips" is NOT selected - you probably don't want your vid chopped into little bits.
2) In my experience USB audio is rubbish on these devices, so instead connect your PC or laptop audio LINE IN to your sound source. Don't forget to set sound source in RECORDING section of Control Panel Sound devices to Line In instead of your Easycap (which the Easycap drivers would have preset it to by default).
I am using the same system... I have figured out how to get video but i cannot get audio... after i have recorded a video i am able to hear what audio i should have been able to while recording but only after i play it back.
The way to get video is to open the capture tab then click capture video then click options then click video and audio capture property settings. you then need to change your video input source to composite and your tv system to NTSC or PAL if ur in like UK or something.
Goto youtube.com. and search:How to get EasyCap Drivers or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W64LW1DJ and type in the 3 LETTERS.Wait for the free download on the right side.After I installed the Syntek STK 1160 drivers I still could not capture.THIS STEPS SOLVED IT:
1.OPEN THE ULEAD VIDEO STUDEO PROGRAM 2.CONNECT THE EASYCAP USB DEVICE 3.ON TOP CLICK CAPTURE 4.IN THE MIDDLE CLICK CAPTURE VIDEO.5.UNDER THE WORDS:CAPTURE FOLDER, CLICK ON OPTIONS (THE LITTLE ROUND GEAR OBJECT) 6.CLICK VIDEO AND AUDIO CAPTURE PROPERTY SETTINGS 7. CLICK SOURCE 8. MAKE SHURE TV SYSTEM IS THE ONE IN YOUR COUNTRY 9.CLICK OK.10.A BLUE SCREEN APPEARED AND WHEN I PUSHED THE PLAY BUTTON ON THE DV CAMCORDER I COULD CAPTURE THE VIDEOIMAGE ON THE LEFT SIDE.
WHEN I INSTALLED THE ULEAD PROGRAM I DID SELECT THE TV SYSTEM IN MY COUNTRY(PAL) BUT WHEN I DID STEP. 7, I SAW IT WAS (NTSC).JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS.GOOD LUCK.I SOLVED MY PROBLEM IN 6 HOURS :p
Make sure in Ulead VideoStudio that your TV system is set to the one that corresponds to your country. If you only set that in the properties of the device itself, the program may still have set the TV system incorrectly. Ensure that it is correct. Also, you may have not installed the drivers correctly. If the video capture driver is not installed, you cannot capture with any program.
Ok, here is what is going on. The default video setting in control panel> scanners and cameras> syntek 1160 is pal-b it should be NTSC_M. Right click on the Syntek 1160 and click Video Decoder Property. Change it to NTSC_M from Pal. Do this with the unit plugged in or it wont be displayed in the Scanners/Cameras options box. Right away the signal line should rear 1 from 0 with video hooked up. Keeping that setting to stay is my issue right now. I was so excited to figure it out, I had to post. I was about ready to throw the unit away. Its a program driver error. Hope this helps!!!
I had the same problem. No picture and no sound.
Here is what I did to solve it.
1. I Un-installed the software and restarted the computer. 2. Placed the installation CD (that came with the product) back in the CD drive. 3. Click on "Install Driver" (this only installs the USB 2 drivers so that the computer can see the device)
Make sure you do not attach the Easycap Device before you have installed the USB Driver (as above).
4. Once USB Driver has been installed then plug in the Easycap USB Device, windows should then detect the new device, to make sure:- 5. Right Click "My Computer" "Properties" "Hardware" "Device Manager" check "Imaging Device" (which is where my STK1150 Driver was installed) and make sure it has no yellow exclamation mark next to it.
6. Go back to CD and "install the Uplead Software", you then have to Restart the computer.
Once all installed you can then connect your external device VHS Player/Camcorder etc to the Easycap device, using the Red/Yellow/White leads.
I like many before me, tried and I tried to get the image to play on the software "Capture" screen but all to no avail, I was pulling my hair out, I wasted two days on it, I finally decided that this product was a total load of rubbish and I had wasted my money and it had to go.
Then a major break through, some smarty pants made the comment about INPUTS & OUTPUTS, my prayers along with many others could have been answered ??....
I had actually plugged the Red/Yellow/White leads into the INPUT terminals of the external VHS Player, when they should be plugged into the OUTPUT terminals of the external VHS Player/Camcorder.
On a Camcorder the RED/Yellow/White terminals are usually Output terminals but on a VHS Player they are usually always Input only !!....
I tried running my Camcorder through the software and Hey Presto that worked a treat.
So in order to get my VHS to play through the software I ended up having to buy a Scart OUT (very important "OUT") Red/Yellow/White adapter (see link for product image)