- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check for problems in the bobbin winding, ( in the wrong way so that the thread is not coming out correctly)
top thread tension too tight or too loose
vary the thread tension to see when it improves on a waste test sew
Doesn't pick up bobbin thread
1. The bobbin may be in backwards.
2. The bobbin thread & top thread need to be pulled to the back before starting the stitching
3. You need a ballpoint rather than universal needle to sew on t-shirt knits.
4. the needle is in the machine backwards
5. Make sure the needle is the correct one for the fabric being sewed
6. Needle inserted wrong in the needle holder
7. Warped needle
8. Warped bobbin
9. Also could be a timing problem
If by "won't stitch" you mean that the top thread will not pick up the bottom thread, make sure you have the needle threaded properly. If the machine is a top loading bobbin, the thread goes in the needle from front to back. Same if it's a side loading bobbin (bobbin faces you as you sew). If it's a front loading bobbin (bobbin faces left of machine), the thread goes in the needle from left to right.
SKIPPED STITCHES 1.the needle is not inserted correctly 2.the needle is damaged 3.the wrong size needle is being used 4.the foot is not attached correctly it's also possible that the machine needs to be serviced
check your needle to see if it's bent---roll on flat surface to see if it roll correctly
on some sewing machines when the thread comes off the thread take up lever it can cause the machine to jam
also if the bobbin thread becomes tangled it can jam
check the bobbin area for lint or loose threads
try having a top thread tail & bobbin thread tail of 3-4 inches
try holding the top thread tail & turn the handwheel on the right side on the machine manually & put the needle down into the bobbin area & see if the bobbin thread will pick up that way