- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
USB 3 has the fastest data transfer speed through a computer with USB 3 port. If your computer does not support USB 3 then it cannot transfer data at USB 3 speeds. If you install a hard drive into an USB 3 hard drive adapter case and the data transfer speed would depend how fast a hard drive you install in this USB 3 adapter case. A SATA hard drive is faster than an IDE/PATA hard drive. Make sure you get the correct USB hard drive adapter case with the SATA or IDE/PATA connector that matches the hard drive.
1. Check whether USB/Chip set driver installed properly or not.
2. Check if a USB mouse or Keyboard working other then flash memory or printer. If working then your USB port is disabled in windows registry.
3. To enter the registry, got to Run, type regedit, Enter.
4. In the registry follow the path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor
5. Check the value of the key START.
6. If the value is 0x00000003 (3) then OK. if the vale is 0x00000004 (4), then change it to 3.
7. for changing double click in Start key, a window will pop up. change the value from 4 to 3 then press enter.
8. Close the registry. And check the printer and Flash drive is working or Not.
Note: be careful while working with registry.
go to control panel -device manager and see if you have all the latest drivers downloaded and if u dont then i would try and update them. if that doesnt work search up the specific driver u need online and download and install it.
Since you have these many problems with your laptop, Firstly try to reformat the system and reinstall all the neccessary drivers. Many times reformatting works well as your OS might malfunction when you have virus or malwares in your laptop.
OTHER SOLUTIONS a. for USB:
Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
Click the Power Management tab.
Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
Windows XP recognizes the new device.
Close the Device Manager window.
b. SD CARD Your 1GB kingston card might have virus. use a card reader and reformat the card for future use.
c. Uninstall and reinstall the driver of your finger scanner.
I had a client with this same issue. However, her issue was that the top left USB port would only accept flash drives. Your external harddrive is probably not getting enough power from your USB port. Try using two USB ports (you can get a connector for this) to power up the external harddrive.
did u install mother board drivers /not ? install M.bord drivers. chk all usb ports are connected to mother board. if problem persists go to decice manager expand USB then right click on usb driver select uninstall. right click on usb select scan for hard ware changes .system will install that drivers automatically.
When posting driver issues, you need to specify what kind of equip you are dealing with, not just the issue. Most liekly you need to go to the manufacturs website of your motherboard or laptop and find vista drivers for it.
As you have already stated that the port in question can run a standard optical mouse, the port seems to be working fine.
Sometimes the drivers for a USB device need to be installed for each USB port. Maybe you have installed these drivers for 3 of your 4 USB ports, but not for the one in question, result of which is the problem you face.