Question about Sony NWZ-B103FBLK MP3 Player
Boot error - my mp3 keeps shooting down on me
In addition to prev. cooments..
I had same problem.... MP3 would turn on and off constantly once in USB port. I've downloaded http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=4177&mdl=NWZB103F then tried to update, but it did not recognize the WALKMAN, so I had to hold down PLAY bottom while formating and updating.... WOW >>> NOW IT WORKS
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
My Sony NWZ-103F, same as the 105F, was doing the same thing “CREATING DATABASE” and then the message “BOOT ERROR, SHUTTING DOWN”. The PC did not recognize the player plugged into the USB port except in the device manager field. I tried all of the other solutions to no avail. This is what fixed it for me.
1. Open CONTROL PANEL
2. Select SYSTEM
4. Click on DEVICE MANAGER
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Manager window and you should see WALKMAN
6. Right click on WALKMAN and select UPDATE DRIVER
7. Choose NO on the first page of the HARDWARE UPDATE WIZARD, Next
8. Choose INSTALL FROM A LIST, Next
9. Choose DON’T SEARCH, I WILL CHOOSE, Next
10. Click on USB DEVICE rather than MTP and let the PC update the driver
11. At this point I rebooted the pc…..don’t know if that was needed, but I won’t hurt.
12. Go to the Sony website and get the latest firmware (1.2) and save it to you desktop
13. Here is the link for the 103F: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=4177&mdl=NWZB103F
14. Select the format option in the update window when you run it.
That made the MP3 player functional but Windows Media Player 10 still did not see it, so I upgraded to WMP 11 and that did it………all is good!
Hope this works for you……good luck.
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
Try to plug it in another computer and format it and download the firmware over there too, it works.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2010 | Sony NWZB135F MP3 Player
Feb 08, 2010 | Memorex MMP8565C Digital Media Player
May 14, 2009 | Memorex MMP8640 Digital Media Player
Feb 10, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 30, 2008 | Siren Edge MP3 Player
Jan 12, 2008 | Memorex MMP8567 MP3 Player
Dec 06, 2007 | RCA Lyra RD2765 MP3 Player
772 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!