- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To fix this problem all you have to do is access your router and leave the username blank and type admin for the password. To access your router put this http://192.168.1.1 into your browser address bar.
hi there, you need to configure the router first to connect over the internet.
checked if everything is properly connected, modem-router to the computer, checked the lights on the router and the modem as well if it is properly lit up.
if your ISP(Internet Provider) is cable then you need to clone the mac address of the computer, if you are running DSL, you need to input the username and password of your account from your ISP.
Accessing the router setup screen, open IE and type on the address bar 192.168.1.1 then nothing for username and password is admin.
on the setup screen you will see there Internet connection type, by default it is automatic configuration if you have cable connection as your Internet then leave it that way and look for mac address clone sub tab.
if you are running dsl for the Internet connection type you need to put PPPoE and input there your username and password from your ISP. then in everything you do you need to save the settings there.
Since you did not include the type of internet provider I cannot give you more specific instructions. Although you can refer to the links below on how to set it up. If you require further assistance just reply to this and give me the model number of your ISP and the model of your router. Also answer this question " When you plug your computer to your modem do you get online automatically or do you need a username and password"
Try to access the router's setup page and change the MTU settings. The default address for the Befsr41 is 192.168.1.1. Here are instructions:
1) Use a computer wired to the router.
2) Launch a browser and type in 192.168.1.1, leave the username blank and the password is admin or the password you have set when you first configured the router.
3) Click on the Advanced tab then click on the Filters tab. On the bottom part you have MTU.
4) Enable that option and set MTU to 1500, 1400, 1300 (for cable ISP connection) and 1492 (for DSL connection) and check if it will work.
4) If that does not work, you can try upgrading the firmware of your router.
Power off the router by unplugging it. Also power off the DSL or cable router. Shut down the PC. Located on the back side of the router is a small reset button. Using a pen press and hold for ten seconds. Same for the DSL or cable. Power every thing back up starting with the DSL/cable, than the router and lastly the PC.