Dryer is not working. the heating element works and the belt is not broken. i need to know what setting do i use on the multimeter to find if current is getting to the timer switch. i have taken back cover off of the dryer and checked all wiring connection none of which seemed to be chard
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your breaker by turning it off and back on. Then check wiring at plug and back of dryer. You could have a bad relay switch. You can find it under the top and put the 2wires together and try it then . If it works, you know that it is the relay switch. Last but not least, it may be your element. Check it visually to see if there is a break in it or a weak spot.
The eletrical heating element is most likely faulty (broken and open-circuit) and will need to be replaced: this is non-trivial exercise involving main and dangerous high voltage better left to a professional repairman.
If this is a new element, this is normal until it has been used a few cycles. Use it and watch it carefully for a while. If it continues have a competent person to take the rear panel off and check for burnt wires or lint inside the unit.
Disconnect the dryer from your vent completely,. pull dryer out 3 ft. from wall and test to see if the smell continues, You have to test for a few minutes to clear out any burning lint from vent restrictions. If the smell hoes away then you know you have venting problems. Also check on the grate that covers the element( the part you look through when you see the orange glow from the element) sometimes plastic or clothing burns onto this grate and needs to be cleaned off. I the smell remains, you will have to tear down the dryer to see if you can find the cause of the smell.
Any kind of lint or cobwebs on the element would cause a hot spot and fry the element or pop the limit that is mounted on top of the chamber. What your hubby soulda done is take the machine down and vacuum it out after sitting up so long. The fuse is not blown because it still runs so it must be the small guy pictured. It mount up top of the heat element chamber.