My ricoh mp 6000 is showing sc144 error what should i do
The error code indicates there is an SBU transmission error.
In other words, the machine is indicating that there is an error in the electronics of the machine, or a loose electrical/signal connection. It is an error that's a bit fuzzy.
The machine will issue the SC144, SBU transmission error because:
After the SBU switches on, the BCU detects one of the following conditions on the SBU:
- 1 second after power on, the SYDI signal does nok go high, even after 1 retry.
- 1 second after power on, the SYDI signal goes high, but the SBU ID could not be read after 3 attempts.
So what this actually means is that you have a number of potential reasons for the error code.
- The SBU is defective. The SBU is the Sensor Board Unit in the machine, that receives analog signals from the CCD (the image sensor) and converts these into digital signals used for image processing. Digital signals is important due to all the manipulations the machines does (and can do). The SBU is basically a fairly advanced analog to digital converter.
- The VIB can be defective. That is a video inteface board, located under the exposure glass, which interfaces the BCU and the IPU with the operation panel and SBU.
- If you are lucky it can also be a harness that is not connected properly.
Check the 40 pin shielded cable between the SBU and the VIB, og the shielded cable between the VIB and the BCU. The BCU is the Base Engine Control Unit), which is the main control board that controls engine sequence, timing for peripherals, image processing, and the video data path.
- The IPU (image prosessing unit) may be defective. This board processes images scanned by the CIS (contect image scanner, used inside the document feeder), and the SBU. The IPU is located on the back side of the swing out circuit board unit.
In the field a technician will check the connections, they may check for power at certain pins/locations on different board - or they have to start to change boards, and just see what's happening.
As with many error codes that may have many sources, a problem totally unrelated to the problem may be the actual cause of the error code.
I have experienced a defective ball bearing being the cause of an "advanced" error related to the power supply board for example.
Jul 03, 2017 |
Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies