My PS3 is not being detected by my Westinghouse 42" LCD 1080P. I have it hooked up by HDMI and everything has worked great for about 1 1/2 months. Last night I noticed when i turned on the PS3 and TV only the green light came onto the PS3 and the TV did not detect the HDMI connection. Usually both the green and the blue lights come on. I turned everything off and unhooked everything, cleaned the connections and plugged everything back in. Still only green light and it's not being detected. Suggestions? Thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would suggest trying a different TV, and maybe see if you still have any Component or Standard Definition Composite cables to connect the PS3 to the TV and see if it works that way.
I would assume you did this when you said you reset the resolution on your PS3, but turn it off, then hold in the power button until it beeps twice in a row.
(Just in case) Make sure everything is plugged in twice and your TV is on the right input.
If none of that works, there may be something wrong with the graphics adapters on your PS3 in which case you will need to contact Sony about fixing it.
I have the PS3 and this TV and it works....Try this.
1. Turn ON TV
2. Connect HDMI from TV to PS3
3. Select the correct HDMI input on the TV for the PS3(important)
4.Turn OFF PS3 if it is ON.
5. hold [I/O] Power button on PS3
6. Wait about 5 second and you should get the "HDMI Detected" or some similar message.
7. Configure the HDMI output for the PS3
Also, If you set the PS3 to "auto" for hdmi, it may set the resolution to 1080i. You may want to deselect everthing but the 1080P.