Re: Error message on Canon Fax Machine 2050P check...
There are a couple of things did you buy genuine or reman cartridges and check if they are seated properly.
some remans dont work properly so you have to be sure and always get a money back guarantee from the seller
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I believe there are at least 3 switches that senses if the cover is closed. I aquired one of these and it was throwing this error. I also had the same just happen again and had to trouble shoot as I forgot what the issue was the first time as its been about 8 months. I found my issue to be one of thise sensor switches. Open the cover as if you were going to remove the toner cartridge. Above where the cartridge is the are those 3 switches that I mentioned. you wat the one on the left see the picture its the one with the arrow on a pink piece of paper. There is like a white lever in there it should be in the up postion when cover is open. Take a pen cap that has the shirt clip the cheap bic ones or take a tooth ick and use it to make shure that lever is in th up postion. If it was not in the up postion it should pop up easy. Now try clsing cover let the unit run its test and you should be good to go.
that is a heater error. the fuser asm. that melts your toner on to your paper. it is not coming up to temp. in time.
sorry to say the only way is to replase it. if you go on the internet googal canon 2050p fuser you can order one
Two possible solutions remove the top cover (Two screws on top after oepening the cartridge door and two push in black nylon screws in either side). and check the activation lever that activates the cover switch is not riding on top of the switch. Second if this happened your toner cartridge make sure this new cartridge is the correct one for the fax and not a HP modified recycled printer cartridge.
The error keeps flashing and the machine will not work. The error reads, "check cover/cart". We put the cartridge in and out about 10 times and the same error message keeps flashing. the fax machine is still not working. Help!
1) check the cover that you open to change the cartridge is secure, press down on the top part near the latch that releases it and see if the door switch activated, if you hear the main motor activate then your problem is the locking latch.
2) Change cartridge and /or clean the 2 metal square contacts under the drum, move the drum cover and you can see the 2nd one, use methylated sririts or equivalent and a cloth. Your cartridge may be faulty/old or has leaked toner on the contacts.
If neither of these work you will have to have a visit from a technician as a circuit board may be at fault.