Question about Amana AOCS3040SS Electric Single Oven
Do I need to replace the ERC Convection membrane or the ERC circuit board? Also, do I need to replace the temperature sensor?
Looks as if th ef1 only pertains to the erc(electric range control), the switch membrane qould be an f7 (shorted key pad, the oven sensor os diff code all together
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 27, 2010 | Jenn-Air 27 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
on Feb 18, 2010 | Ovens
Dec 27, 2010 | Jenn-Air Electric Double Oven
Sep 30, 2010 | Ovens
Mar 23, 2010 | GE PT956CMCC Profile 30" Built-In Double...
Feb 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Dec 18, 2009 | Ovens
Jun 01, 2009 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 07, 2009 | Maytag MEW5527B Electric Single Oven
Dec 09, 2007 | Jenn-Air JJW8530C Expressions Collection...
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: