Question about Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
I could resolder the bad connections if I could get this acer zl5 apart. can you help me?
For Aspire 5100
follow this step.
1. remove battery
2. remove hard drive cover and hard drive
3. remove the thermal cover, remove wireless card and antena cable.
1. remove the power button cover.
2. remove keyboard.
3. remove lcd cable, wireless antena.
4. remove the lcd screw (2 long screw and 2 short screw)
5. remove the lcd screw from the back side (2 short screw).
now the lcd is separated from laptop body.
from backside again,
1. remove fan, there are 2 screw that hold the fan
2. remove heatsink (4 very short screw)
3. remove all screws from backside, there is 1 screw hidden "under" heatsink. it's short scew (longer than heatsink screw).
from frontside, remove 2 screw on top part of the laptop body.
and than you can remove the uppercase now.
after you remove the uppercase, remove 2 screw that hold modem, and remove 1 screw (very short) on bottom part, it's close to touchpad button. remove power switch board and modem and then remove the speaker cable and mic cable.
that's all you can take out the motherboard.
note: just remember to use the correct screw when you put it back.
i hope this will help.
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2012 | Acer TravelMate 4320 Notebook
Nov 19, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
Feb 09, 2011 | Acer Aspire 4730-4947 Notebook
May 19, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P15-S420 Notebook
Aug 10, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A205-S4707 Notebook
Jul 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire One AOA150-1784 Netbook
Jul 15, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
May 29, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3610 Notebook
May 20, 2008 | Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: