An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Error code E020
You can reset the code by getting into service mode.
Make sure there is toner in the hopper
scroll to TONER START
and wait for the machine to stop (about 6 mins)
if the error comes back and there is toner in the hopper maybe the toner feed motor is not turning
Also check the connecters on the dev tank.
Try these first any problems get back to me
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Abnormal fuser temp. (fixing heater, dc controller, ac driver) http://rapidshare.com/files/161024133/NP6050sm.rar That link above is for a service manual. Copy/Paste that address to address bar..
Open the front cover there is a pin hole on the grey cover inside, towards the top and left of center. Poke an extended file clip and you will see a dollar sign on the screen. Then press (*) button, 4, (*) again you should be in service mode. Scroll till you see clear or Err or error. Press OK and the power should cycle. Try that
Title : E020 Error Code
When you have followed all the steps from the troubleshooting guide in the Service Manual and still have not resolved the issue, here are some possible areas that might be related.
1) Confirm that the toner and hopper sensors are being wiped completely.
2) Check the Gear Train on the hopper assy it may be locked up.
3) A possible bad hopper unit cable. FG5-5016-000. See The Parts Catalog page 620-2 item # 60.
Canon USA, Inc. Systems & Technical Support Division
The toner is not adding correctly into the developing assembly.
1) If toner hopper is overfilled, the toner motor worm gear splits as a result of the hopper becoming packed tight.
2) Sometimes the worm gear splits under normal use.