AAAGGGHH! Cannon i9100 printer WON'T Print...can't get help
Printer blinks yellow / then green light will not print.
Will not pull paper through when resume button is pushed.
Says "Collecting Printer Data" then says an error has occurred...
I am an Art teacher and terminally incompetent with computers...but desperately need to be able to print...working on ART SHOW materials!
I have turned off, unplugged, restarted, taken a part and and cleaned, checked all print cartidges, tried to run maintenence programs...begged..pleaded...cussed and prayed....tied to get school to order a new printer...all to no avail...you are my last hope.
I just had the same issue and found that the following fixed it:
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
5 flashes indicates a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt.
If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...
Canon S9000, S300, S400, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950, PIXMA iP3000 above, 1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Canon i850, i950, S600 Start with the printer OFF 1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 2. release RESUME 3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 4. Let green light blink until printer is done futzing Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute: presses - light color - function Number of presses - light color - function 0presses - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960) 1 press - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960) 2presses - green - EEPROM initialize 3presses - orange - Reset waste ink counter
If I could be of furtheme know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
A friend of mine had the same problem and turned out to be the print head. They can be pricey so a new printer would be in order probably. Could also be the waste ink counter as well. Here are some steps to see if you can get rid of the 7 orange blinks:
1. Start with printer OFF 2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 3. Release RESUME 4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving. 6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER
0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960) 1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print 2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise 3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.
If this doesn't work then you know its the print head for sure.