Question about Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx
I have an enabling Bluetooth screen and I can't get rid of it. I have tried turning off the unit and have had no success.
1. Browse here and install the latest version of WebUpdater:
2. Turn on your Nuvi, press view map, press speed, press and hold the middle of the speedometer (the circle that says 0.0mph in it). After five seconds (maybe a bit longer), the engineering menu will appear.
3. Press "Next" five times (once for each page). You will arrive at the "Bluetooth Status" page.
4. Press "Clear". Confirm by pressing "yes".
5. Press "Updt PR". Confirm by pressing "yes".
6. This probably did _nothing_ for you, but to be thorough, I've included the steps.
7. Connect the Nuvi to your computer. Run the webupdater and if the latest version is already detected on your Nuvi, simply proceed and browse the list of further updates.
8. If "Bluetooth Firmware Update..." (or similar text) DOES NOT APPEAR skip to step 10 below, otherwise complete your fix with the next step, step 9.
9. If the "Bluetooth Firmware Update..." (or similar text) appears in your list, select this update and agree to term of service, and have the updater load the firmware onto your device. Unplug your device. It should powerup automatically. Power off. Power back on. Your BT should be back in business. Do NOT continue with the next steps. You are done.
10. If "Bluetooth Firmware Update..." (or similar text) DOES NOT APPEAR in the list, then you need to remove the offending update that is making WebUpdater believe that your Nuvi is up-to-date.
11. You can access the Nuvi by clicking on "My Computer" and double clicking the Nuvi link.
12. Click the "Garmin" folder.
13. Click the "RemoteSW" folder.
14. DELETE "006B055301.GCD". This file will be one of two GCD files in the directory: <DRIVE>:\Garmin\RemoteSW. The file without the "Date Modified" is the original firmware. The other file is the new firmware that the Nuvi believes is installed. By deleting the newer of the two files, WebUpdater will see that your Nuvi is out-of-date. Return to step 8 to continue your fix.
This should resolve all permutations of this nasty bug.
Posted on Feb 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 650 GPS Receiver
Aug 17, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Feb 06, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 29, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 12, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Oct 28, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 08, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
425 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: