- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i had the same problem.
uninstall activ sync 4.5
re-install it and when it asks wat to sync unclick everything.
you wont be able to get your contacts back btw but now you know wat to do for future sync.
Hi I have some experience with this problem and found two solutions:
One is to always keep phone software version and sync software version matched. If you didnt upgrade phone version you should stick with the sync application in your original CD!
If you upgraded to the latest phone version please use the latest sync version that was available at that time! Or, even better, ask the person who upgraded your phone to recommend the best sync version.
Two is to always exit all running applications before starting to sync since some files may be marked as "in use" and the backup process will not be completed. How to do that? goto Task Manager -> Open -> More -> End All and press the back button.
Other solutions I got from an SE technician:
Remove sync software before upgrading or reinstalling it.
Try to install on a different PC.
Format the Memory Card (AFTER YOU BACK IT UP!)
Install Outlook and only then the sync app.
Something similar happened to me due to incorrect periodic entries in the Datebook, try disabling all elements in the Hot Sync, try it, and if it works, then add them one by one until you find the offending one, then focus on clearing that DB. (Actually i simply stopped synching Datebook since i didn't wanted to loose all the history of appointments i have).
Check the setting on the ipaq, go to ActiveSync and tools, options, server and make sure calendar, contacts and inbox are not selected here. Then, put the pda in its cradle and let it do a sync, it should change the settings on the desktop and the (sync status on device) should disappear. I had a similar problem and after de-selecting these, everything worked fine.
I changed so that the desktop over-rides the handheld and the hot sync went through. This is not the way I perfer this, but it worked. I have not switched it back to sync the files yet to see what would happen.
Hard rest resolved problem for me.
I just posted yesterday a similar problem with my T3. While everything else was syncing fine, the Tasks from Outlook would not sync. After I posted my question, I (accidently) did a hard reset on my T3. So I set all Outlook conduit settings to 'Desktop overwrite HH' for first hotsync. This somehow corrected the problem with the Tasks, and all outlook tasks appeared on my HH.
All sync's seem to be working fine now.